Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
But that, to me, would discourage me from wanting to ride it... And I'm not sure the wisdom of putting a young children's attraction that close to an actual bar?

My understanding is for a lot of guests that would actually be ideal. Imagine how much more convenient that would be than hauling a bottle of wine to LotD or FoF?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: nick and Jonesta6
My understanding is for a lot of guests, that would actually be ideal. Imagine how much more convenient that would be than hauling a bottle of wine to LotD or FoF?

True, I'd assume it'd make the F&B operations more profitable. But that's profit over experience

the technical choices made for the headset hardware and the method of displaying the visuals are very outdated. A 300 dollar consumer headset will get you a much superior VR experience at home these days, minus the moving seats.

This, the fact that the story and animation is lame, the motion is super lackluster compared to where it has been in the past, and when you inevitably take off the garbage VR to try to somewhat enjoy your experience by just watching the good old screen they still manage to ruin that by having a big ass pole hanging in front of the screen are the main reasons why this ride is nothing more than "I love walking through this queue with the stone walls, sucks I have to sit in these chairs after though" to me.

Wait scratch that, they even ruined that nice stone walkway queue by adding TVs advertising their own park THAT YOU ARE ALREADY AT.

I think it's dead, Jim.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

While I feel like I could see this happening, closing your only indoor ride when you just went year-round in a much colder market than any other year-round park in America is a questionable decision at best unless they’re planning on just overlaying it again. If they do, I’d love to see them doing something really bold like opening it in early January.

Reactions: Unagi
I always thought the story was really stupid, but I appreciated the effort BGW put into theming it and making it good. I hope they either update the system or just gut the building and put something new back there.

Eire is actually quite good IMO as a fancy kids’ ride. It does serve a purpose at the park. Children seem to dig it. Bad ride for these times though, with two layers of contact-heavy headset logistics to manage. Maybe things would be different if it had been super popular and less awkward in the before times.

I like the fact that the park has continued taking chances with those twin platforms. If Eire truly is closing, I do wonder what the future of the ride system can be at this point. They’ve tried a lot with it, and only Questor and Corkscrew Hill seem to be remembered particularly well.

I've never ridden it. My last visit to the park was just before they opened it and it would sadden me a little, as I would have liked to try it once, just like DrachenFire, Corkscrew Hill, or just about any other ride that existed when I was young and too chicken to ride.

Very sad about it being gone, I was highly entertained by it during the 2 seasons of operation. Hopefully another Ireland themed ride can take it's place and not some generic nonsense that Europe in the Air was.

I think it's dead, Jim.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

RIP to the Homie

Part of me always wished they could have just gone in and re-done the visuals for Cork Screw Hill.

It's really nice having an indoor attraction space so well-inserted into the land there, I hope they don't throw in the towel entirely and abandon the site.

Reactions: Ziva
Unless they go forward with some Irish version of the dragon's lair drop tower concept in the building with the spire rising out of the roof.

Reactions: Mwe BGW
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad