Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Yea, I'm all the way in the back of the park so I don't know what it is, but it has came on two times now.

Reading through old files. From the 2007 Media Kit:

The gateway to Busch Gardens Europe’s adventure begins in England. Guests receive the royal treatment where unique shops, a delightful bakery, and replicas of Big Ben and Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre reside. Attention to detail throughout the picturesque hamlet is evidenced in period door handles, cast-iron mailboxes, and flickering streetlamps enhancing the European feel of the park. Adding charm and authenticity, many plants are native to Western Europe.

Reactions: wombat96 and SDG
Don't worry, guys, I contacted a translator to explain what all that means in 2014-speak:

The gateway to Busch Gardens Europe’s adventure begins in England.
Means: The entrance to Busch Garden's Williamsburg's action stuff begins in our London-themed area.

Guests receive the royal treatment where unique shops, a delightful bakery, and replicas of Big Ben and Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre reside.
Means: Guests will feel like they're at a concert where gift shops, a burrito cart, an old-world clock and our AWESOME RENOVATED ROCK HOUSE FEATURING LONDON ROCKS! reside.

Attention to detail throughout the picturesque hamlet is evidenced in period door handles, cast-iron mailboxes, and flickering streetlamps enhancing the European feel of the park.
Means: Psychedelics throughout the spiffy-looking city are evidenced in British Invasion period neon paint, a cast-iron bus serving your favorite American snax, and your favorite British 60's hits enhancing the rock concert feel of the park.

Adding charm and authenticity, many plants are native to Western Europe.
Means Adding fun and awesomeness, many United Kingdom flags are native to the area we're trying to replicate. LOL wut'z a CHARM??

Fixed this part for you...

Joe said:
AWESOME RENOVATED ROCK HOUSE FEATURING LONDON ROCKS!

Seriously though, London Rocks is everywhere in the park. They're advertising it even more than Colossal Curl.

It's more like this:

"AWESOME RENOVATED ROCK HOUSE FEATURING [size=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-large]LONDON ROCKS![/size]"

The coding just doesn't seem to be working here... :p

Reactions: Jrbgwfan06
Matthew said:
By the time we got into Heatherdowns, everyone took a sigh of relief and said, "Ah, this is what I like to hear." Or, "This is my jam, dude!" Now, this is not supposed to represent everyone's feelings about this. Maybe my friends feel that way because we have class.

I'm sorry but really? We have to insult those who enjoy British rock and say they don't have class? Really?!?

Sky

I don't really think that's what Matthew was getting at. I think what he was meaning to say that the regal Handel water music was more classy than the British rock, which while an opinion, seems at least somewhat valid. I do think it's fair to say that Handel water music is less classy than British rock. I don't think he was trying to imply anything rudely about people who do or don't enjoy the music, at least as I see it.

Reactions: Jrbgwfan06
I think I meant to say that my friends liked how the other music had more class. I guess I just typed it wrong at the time?

Reactions: Sky
I don't think "class" is an offensive word by any means.

class·y
ˈklasē
adjective
stylish and sophisticated.

I can see where you're coming from if the word is used to describe people, but when describing a place or object I don't see it as a problem. For instance, I wouldn't consider the song "#Selfie" classy simply because it is not elegant and is more casual and has a different sort of tone. That doesn't mean I think lower of people who like the song. Think of it this way: Classy = Fancy

You know I respect you a lot, Nic, but sometimes I wish you would stop over-analyzing things and playing police where it's not really necessary.

The connotative meaning of "class" implies a level of superiority, which I hope y'all don't intend.

Nicole said:
The connotative meaning of "class" implies a level of superiority, which I hope y'all don't intend.

We're referring to things, not people. So really we are trying to say one thing is superior to another, so technically class would be a usable term.

Reactions: Mushroom
Zachary said:
Joe said:
[...] sometimes I wish you would stop [...] playing police where it's not really necessary.

Nicole is a moderator.

I'm well aware. :) I'm referring to when people are called on things like "implied insults" which are built on nothing more than assumptions. I think we all know what I'm talking about. It's hypocritical and it just makes everything a confusing mess to clear things up.

Reactions: Pretzel Kaiser
It is, however, part of her job to do her best to defuse rather nasty arguments- preferably before they're started. She's preventing the use of a word which can be interpreted in a very different way than you're intending it to be. She is recommending that, because of the potential confusion and high risk of resulting anger from others, you make an effort to avoid it. Simple as that.

This happened about 15 minutes before everyone was shuffled out of England yesterday...

10451007_926978807328104_6453520708617247684_n.jpg

Just a little mid-afternoon stroll; aren't they cute!! :)

I think the sheep should have the run of the place. They should be able to go wherever and whenever they want. They would be in total control.

Sheep chillin on the Rhine? CHECK
Sheep pushing kids off climbing things? CHECK
Sheep shaking tourists down for treats? DOUBLE CHECK
Sheep on Apollo's Chariot? HELL YEAH!

Sheep in charge: "GET US SCOTT, we want to eat his tinsle!"

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad