Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Man! Those panels look like they really took a beating! Those look worse than the panels that I worked on two months ago that were almost 40 years old!

No wonder, the helicopter just needs the switch to be on? Not sure if it's left off because it's broken or it's just not a thing that someone remembers or cares to turn on. I can see why the explosions don't always run, gas is expensive.

No wonder, the helicopter just needs the switch to be on? Not sure if it's left off because it's broken or it's just not a thing that someone remembers or cares to turn on. I can see why the explosions don't always run, gas is expensive.

But it looks like it's on automatic?

The maintenance unit that is responsible for it is usually too busy to do the daily inspection for Backlot’s effects. That’s why they are never on.

That sucks. They need to hire more maintenance crew.

Too bad they seem a bit short staffed, however I also don't go to KD expecting it to be as pristine as a Disney or Universal park, nor even AB era BGW...

Rode this yesterday for the first time in years. Not shockingly, the effects were off except for the gunshot/helicopter soundtrack. The cars are also filthy and now quite sun-beaten. As much as I don't give a shit about themed elements, this ride could use a refresh or sprucing up.

That being said the ride is still good or as good as I would expect.

Reactions: Nicole and bill s
Reports are that ALL effects work on the King's Island version! At KD, still a crazy little ride, but no match for Verbolten anymore. Fire is cool!

Reactions: UncleDuncan
I was watching a video tour of Soak City and Clint Novak noted that they built a second gate to close off Soak City deeper down the ramp past the locker rooms and general stuff at the front of Soak City. That makes me wonder if they're considering doing something significant with Backlot, the space Tornado used to be, and the location of those locker rooms at some point down the road. I mean they appear to have given up on Backlots effects too. I don't have any sources or anything other than that video I just thought it was interesting they installed a second gate to Soak City further down the hill. Maybe a subtle planning thing?

Could just be an emergency/maintenance egress point?

I think many have believed a good 2nd normal entry would be looping i305 or back by AZ/TT

It's like the gate they close when they close Soak City itself from guests just further down the path into Soak City. But I mean largely just pondering if that was something interesting or not.

I was watching a video tour of Soak City and Clint Novak noted that they built a second gate to close off Soak City deeper down the ramp past the locker rooms and general stuff at the front of Soak City. That makes me wonder if they're considering doing something significant with Backlot, the space Tornado used to be, and the location of those locker rooms at some point down the road. I mean they appear to have given up on Backlots effects too. I don't have any sources or anything other than that video I just thought it was interesting they installed a second gate to Soak City further down the hill. Maybe a subtle planning thing?
Backlot's effects were run off the same propane source as Volcano my understanding is that they had to break the line when they Demoed Volcano and that a fix will happen as part of the construction in that area.

I heard from somebody who works at Backlot that maintenance came in last week and tried to get the fire effects going but to no avail.

Reactions: Mwe BGW
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad