Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Any consideration towards the idea that instead of this being a coaster, it could be towards the idea of that area being converted into a new hamlet? I guess the sheer height of the balloons lean towards a coaster. Are there normally multiple balloons for a single attraction? This is my first balloon observation in real time.

Any consideration towards the idea that instead of this being a coaster, it could be towards the idea of that area being converted into a new hamlet? I guess the sheer height of the balloons lean towards a coaster. Are there normally multiple balloons for a single attraction? This is my first balloon observation in real time.
I wouldn't think that a hamlet would need a balloon test as i doubt any of the buildings would clear the treeline.

Reactions: Zachary
And if they're truly prepping towards permanent 12 month ops, I could see them adding some taller buildings to house attractions. They're currently repurposing standing buildings (which I applaud), but new construction gives them more options for 'any climate' attraction diversity.

Reactions: tursiops
Given the apparent height of that taller balloon, I'm pretty certain it's not a building. Even the shorter one was probably way too high for that usage.

The shorter one's location really wouldn't make sense for hamlet construction either.

Reactions: panopticon31
Coaster talk it is!

I think the only theory I have right now that isn't heading down the coaster rabbit hole is that the shorter ballon could have legitimately been to show the height of Drachen Fire and the taller one could be for some sort of tower ride or the like centrally located in Festhaus Park.

Reactions: panopticon31
I think the only theory I have right now that isn't heading down the coaster rabbit hole is that the shorter ballon could have legitimately been to show the height of Drachen Fire and the taller one could be for some sort of tower ride or the like centrally located in Festhaus Park.
Staying down this non-coaster rabbit hole -

Remember that old art work of the launch tower out of CoS with the dragons? What if they want to build a launched tower ride shooting out of a building and the lower balloon is for the building structure and and the upper balloon was the top of the tower?

Reactions: Dogface
Staying down this non-coaster rabbit hole -

Remember that old art work of the launch tower out of CoS with the dragons? What if they want to build a launched tower ride shooting out of a building and the lower balloon is for the building structure and and the upper balloon was the top of the tower?
I like the thought but I really doubt the balloons would have been in different locations if this were the case.

Given the apparent height of that taller balloon, I'm pretty certain it's not a building. Even the shorter one was probably way too high for that usage.

The shorter one's location really wouldn't make sense for hamlet construction either.

The only building that could be that tall in this context would be a resort hotel tower ...

• Haha
Reactions: tursiops and BGWnut
gross. if they were going to to this I would hope they would go the route of converting one of the lots to a multi deck parking garage and use one of the existing lots for the hotel.
God can you imagine having the hotel back there and no parking near it?

Besides, adding a hotel is going to mean adding parking so either that means buying more land to convert to an easy to use lot, or building a parking garage. Given their re-affirmation to expanding Sesame Place areas and possibly more parks, I think they are moving to this anyways.

If it was a hotel (doubtful IMO), parking would have to be built right next to it along with whatever other infrastructure to operate it. Access would have to be coming from Camp Wallace road, which is currently a limited private access service road... Which likely necessitates extra infrastructure build-outs to make it guest-facing.

I'd also gather that they'd probably want to build other amenities, such as a pool.

To the scale they'd probably build any resort hotel at the given balloon height, and given the known sizes of DS and FHP, I just don't see it going here.

I visited Great Adventure for the first time myself a couple weeks ago. After having ridden Twisted Timbers, Steel Vengeance, Lightning Rod, and hearing so many good things about these single rail RMC's I was really, REALLY looking forward to Jersey Devil.

My experience may have been muddied by the several jackasses in line and the lengthy wait but I was not impressed with it at all. The ride was down half the day. Something was going on with block brakes. Once it finally did open, they ran two trains running at 12 per train capacity just absolutely crawled. The harnesses, in my opinion, were painful. Airtime was good but not enjoyable because of the uncomfortable harness. The trains are interesting and definitely unique and fairly comfortable to simply sit in, but on the ride, I was all hitting my neck on the over the shoulder straps and slipping out of them, having to readjust myself. In no way I felt unsafe, but it just seemed absolutely pointless to have the collars, probably more so then Tempesto. I would not like a single rail RMC at Busch Gardens unless it was a TREX. If a Raptor was back in Festhaus Park, I would simply avoid it.
I echo the comment on the uncomfortable restraints on Jersey Devil. Heck, they made me pine for comfort collars. And after doing a bit of digging, I can confirm RMC used the same restraints on Wonder Woman at Fiesta Texas.

Attachments

• 20220513_111550.jpg
    20220513_111550.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Reactions: Mwe BGW
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad