Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
We confirmed at the media event today that Apollo will receive a complete paint job. Because of the wet winter, however, it will not be completed before the park opens for the season. It is not expected that this refurbishment will interrupt regular ride operations.
This is good, hopefully the paint job is done by May. It won't be done by spring break thats for sure.

Reactions: horsesboy
I was talking to my gf yesterday while going up the lift hill and we were just amazed at how difficult it is to paint, like I’ve always overlooked how hard it must be to paint rollercoasters.

Reactions: jornor

Attachments

• 2541B7A0-81C2-4CE5-B5EA-15264FA98624.jpeg
    2541B7A0-81C2-4CE5-B5EA-15264FA98624.jpeg
    60.9 KB · Views: 3
I don't think these images exist anywhere else on the internet at this point, so I'll share the copies I have from my personal archive...

View attachment 14212

View attachment 14213

Needless to say, I think they're absolutely gorgeous. What we ended up with just feels dull and lifeless in comparison.

Oh I haven't seen these images in a long time!

Reactions: jornor and Zachary
Those are some beautiful looking trains, but as much as I love how they actually look like chariots, I’m really thankful for the openness of the actual design. Apollo’s Chariot wouldn’t be nearly as fun without that feeling of freedom.

Since Apollo's was one of the first hypercoaster models B&M and BGW likely did a mockup using the sit-down trains instead. I highly doubt the concept art would've ended up being the final product unless they were going for lap bar trains that looked like what Wildfire @ Silver Dollar City has.

Reactions: jornor and GrandpaD
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad