Existing Roller Coaster Apollo's Chariot

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Dec 20, 2018
We confirmed at the media event today that Apollo will receive a complete paint job. Because of the wet winter, however, it will not be completed before the park opens for the season. It is not expected that this refurbishment will interrupt regular ride operations.
This is good, hopefully the paint job is done by May. It won't be done by spring break thats for sure.

Reactions: horsesboy
Mar 7, 2018
I was talking to my gf yesterday while going up the lift hill and we were just amazed at how difficult it is to paint, like I’ve always overlooked how hard it must be to paint rollercoasters.

Reactions: jornor

Shane

ParkFans Founder
Silver Donor
Jun 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
parkfans.net
I don't think these images exist anywhere else on the internet at this point, so I'll share the copies I have from my personal archive...

View attachment 14212

View attachment 14213

Needless to say, I think they're absolutely gorgeous. What we ended up with just feels dull and lifeless in comparison.
Oh I haven't seen these images in a long time!

Reactions: jornor and Zachary

b.mac

Other Parks Fan
May 14, 2011
King George, Virginia
Since Apollo's was one of the first hypercoaster models B&M and BGW likely did a mockup using the sit-down trains instead. I highly doubt the concept art would've ended up being the final product unless they were going for lap bar trains that looked like what Wildfire @ Silver Dollar City has.

Reactions: jornor and GrandpaD
Login or Register to Hide This Ad