Apollo's Chariot E-Stop Results in Multiple "Injuries"

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Oct 7, 2011
Wild Izzy/Maus always had some good abrupt-braking going on just before returning to the station. It made for terrific viewing from the ground nearby. Wild indeed.

I can't recall any other brake experience in the park that approached that one. Then again I've never come to a complete stop on Apollo's mid-course. Its other brakes have never been anything other than fine, as far as I know and have experienced...

Aug 23, 2017
Wild Izzy/Maus always had some good abrupt-braking going on just before returning to the station. It made for terrific viewing from the ground nearby. Wild indeed.

I can't recall any other brake experience in the park that approached that one. Then again I've never come to a complete stop on Apollo's mid-course. Its other brakes have never been anything other than fine, as far as I know and have experienced...
rode it last week, still doing that.

Reactions: jornor and Zachary

Shane

ParkFans Founder
Silver Donor
Jun 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
parkfans.net
Apollo SLAMS to a halt on brakes when all the trains are stacked at the station. I am sure that a stop at the MCBR is very similar to a stacked station.

Reactions: jornor
Mar 18, 2017
Industry standard is that every coaster gets a block check every day, if it’s running more than one train.
Is anyone on the coaster when they do that, to see if the stop is smooth? The complaint wasn't that it didn't stop, it's that it did.

lce

The best digger in Cairo
Silver Donor
Jan 5, 2018
Frederick, MD
Is anyone on the coaster when they do that, to see if the stop is smooth? The complaint wasn't that it didn't stop, it's that it did.
The stop is designed by one of the top roller coaster manufacturers to be a safety mechanism, and it is tested daily to make sure it is operating. I doubt they put anyone in it when they test a safety feature.

Pretty much the moral of the story is this mechanism couldn't of caused the injuries they claim

May 3, 2011
Richmond, Va
No one is on the train when these tests occur. But I'm sure someone rode and they stopped it there after the incident to double check it as part of the investigation.

But when trains stop in these places, they are not meant to be smooth. They stop for riders safety. But they wouldn't program/ design something to injure someone.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad