Apollo's Chariot E-Stop Results in Multiple "Injuries"

Login or Register to Hide This Ad

horsesboy

Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013

horsesboy

Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
The fact that this is going to trial shows that seas probably isn’t looking to settle. They either feel really good about their chances or the plaintiff is asking too much
He is only reportedly asking for 75 grand plus court cost. So my guess is that it's that they feel good about their chances and that they might also be afraid of settling and settling a precedent for future cases.

horsesboy

Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
Corporations almost ALWAYS settle, so I'm guessing they have compelling evidence that his claim is bogus (maybe g-recordings or video footage of the stop).
Another possibility that has crossed my mind is that he did suffer those injuries but that they were related to previous problems. I can see where it would be in the company's best interests to fight hard to prevent a case of someone with possible previous back related issues from suing claiming it was a coaster that hurt them. Disclaimer I have NO info in that just throwing out a POSSIBLE reason.

horsesboy

Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
Assuming because there was no follow up on this it was either settled out of court or got thrown out
or either got missed in all the other events of 2020 or possibly the case might have even been delayed given that many court were closed for all but essential business for a decent amount of time.

Reactions: b.mac
Jul 16, 2011
The case is still listed as Active on the Virginia Court Case Information website. I'm not a legal expert, but it looks like a settlement was attempted (summary judgement) but it was denied. I can't tell which side requested the settlement and which side denied it. There was also a withdrawal of counsel in July...

Attachments

Travis...

#ISupportSeaworld
Jul 7, 2019
Seaworld Parks & Entertainment
Yeah man, I got stopped on Griffon’s lift hill and I broke my leg, hurt my neck, broke my hand, fractured all 8 of my fingers, and I fractured my skull. I was scared for my life while I was up there, what If the coaster would have fallen over? Coasters aren’t supposed to stop there, your never supposed to stop on a coaster until the brakes.

clearly I’m joking here. I’m smart enough to know what block sections are

Mar 27, 2019
The case is still listed as Active on the Virginia Court Case Information website. I'm not a legal expert, but it looks like a settlement was attempted (summary judgement) but it was denied. I can't tell which side requested the settlement and which side denied it. There was also a withdrawal of counsel in July...
Summary judgment doesn't mean they tried to settle--it means BGW tried (unsuccessfully) to get the case thrown out before trial.

horsesboy

Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
I will have to say riding Apollo the first few days it opened and it was not fine tuned after the upgrades and was slamming pretty hard in the final break run game me a little more respect that this might not be a frivolous a case as zi first thought but I still suspect other factors were involved then just the E stop.

Reactions: Travis...

Travis...

#ISupportSeaworld
Jul 7, 2019
I will have to say riding Apollo the first few days it opened and it was not fine tuned after the upgrades and was slamming pretty hard in the final break run game me a little more respect that this might not be a frivolous a case as zi first thought but I still suspect other factors were involved then just the E stop.
That one brake before the turn around KILLED you

horsesboy

Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
That one brake before the turn around KILLED you
actually it was more the final break run. At least the first day the trim wasn't firing and load times were slow so it was a full stop that youou SLAMMED into. I am not usually one to actively hold on to the restrains but after my first ride you better believe I was. I am not saying that it was or should have been as bad as the case makes it sound but I can definitely better understand it now. If you were not sitting in the intended manner which less be frank MANY of us don't do completely and had even a small preexisting issue that you might not have know about then I definitely feel now more then I did before that it's possible.

Travis...

#ISupportSeaworld
Jul 7, 2019
actually it was more the final break run. At least the first day the trim wasn't firing and load times were slow so it was a full stop that youou SLAMMED into. I am not usually one to actively hold on to the restrains but after my first ride you better believe I was. I am not saying that it was or should have been as bad as the case makes it sound but I can definitely better understand it now. If you were not sitting in the intended manner which less be frank MANY of us don't do completely and had even a small preexisting issue that you might not have know about then I definitely feel now more then I did before that it's possible.
Yeah, that’s what I meant. The trim before the helix never hit for me. And yes, I have never braced myself that hard on a coaster after my first ride. My first ride of the season I said man, we’re going really fast down this brake, OWWWW that hurt

Let me describe what it felt like. 3 train ops stacking X3. By that I mean when they are running all 3 trains and you got SLAMMED at the first part of that block.

Last edited:
Login or Register to Hide This Ad