Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Evan said:

Turns out this Floral Planter for the KD40 logo, isn't a made up idea, it's yet another relic from the distant past! I have no idea when it was removed, but here's the floral planter from the Paramount era!

sign.jpg

Haha, whoops! I found that image right after seeing the new planter. Completely forgot to post it here. I was a bit more focused on getting that update out in a timely fashion.

But yes, the front is going to look really nice. I am still wondering how and if Overlord's Ressurection will fit with the planter in place.

Reactions: Jrbgwfan06
In my opinion they should just ditch the overlord and make the witch form KBF the new mascot they could have a witches house on the the hill with a opening ceromony. Back on topic, I wonder if there doing anything to Safari Village or are they just changing signage?

From what we know, Anaconda is getting repainted and Volcano is now receiving a multi-year renovation. That's all we know that is happening to the area.

So I was digging through Kings Dominion's Facebook page and I was absolutely astonished at how much they converse, and answer people's questions, and comments. However, there were a couple that I thought were very interesting regarding their 40th celebration, so I decided to share a couple of them with you that you may have not noticed.

In case any of you were wondering about, or questioning how long these improvements would stick around, no need to fear.

Original Comment:

Yay! I hope they stick around past the 40 year celebration. Such great memories of KD!

KD's Response:

Hi (name removed) - all the surprises we are adding this season will definitely stay up to enjoy after our 40th!

I found this interesting...

Original Comment:

I remember in 1975 (and in '74 in the "preview" area) the park screened a 70mm movie called "Virginia in Pursuit of Happiness". Any prints of it still around? That would be an amazing thing to see 40 years later! I was a teenager then but I vividly remember seeing that movie.

KD's Response:

If you are referring the video called "To Build A Happy Place", we do still have it. Stay tuned in the coming months for exciting details on where you can see it.

Hmmmm...

Worried about delays on these improvements, seems as though they are still on track...

Original Comment:

With all of the snow this winter, is everything still on schedule to be ready opening day?

KD's response:

We should be ok as long as we don't have too many more snow days!

Maybe, more to come!

I suspect that we will see that film on the #KD40 - On Stage (I still can't stand this name by the way). This show is suppose to showcase KD's entertainment from the 70's until current.

Matthew said:
If you are referring the video called "To Build A Happy Place", we do still have it. Stay tuned in the coming months for exciting details on where you can see it.

Hmmmm...

Hmm... Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia (the dino film) in the Action Theater getting the boot?

It seems as though, that the KD40 logo will be on employee's name tags and I.D. Badges. Nothing I didn't see coming, but I thought I'd share.

Source: A lot of Instagram photos...

Joe said:
Hmm... Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia (the dino film) in the Action Theater getting the boot?

Considering the fact that it's the least popular attraction in that area of the park I wouldn't be surprised.

That looks so much nicer than the standing signs. At Haunt in 2012, the sign actually broke when they took it down to put the giant skull up. It was laying on the ground with all the letters everywhere where us monsters would wait to come out before ressurection. Should of taken a pic of it lol.

I won't be happy until they bring back the Monkey exhibit....and bring back Livingston's w/the live show & what not.
:)

I'm not going to lie, this one isn't anywhere near as interesting as the previous ones but, regardless, major props to Kings Dominion for putting it together. (y)

OK- I know that Kings Dominion does not accept submissions for ideas... and i understand the reasons why. However, I am hoping by posting it here, someone will read it and take it under consideration.

I would like to see a "singing mushroom" plush and perhaps even replica garden figures of the mushrooms for the Spring Fest. I know this is short notice, but perhaps next year. or if by chance, someone has thought of that already at the park and they are already in the works to be sold this year- kudos. I will buy them all.

Nora said:
OK- I know that Kings Dominion does not accept submissions for ideas... and i understand the reasons why.  However, I am hoping by posting it here, someone will read it and take it under consideration.  

I would like to see a "singing mushroom" plush and perhaps even replica garden figures of the mushrooms for the Spring Fest.  I know this is short notice, but perhaps next year.  or if by chance, someone has thought of that already at the park and they are already in the works to be sold this year- kudos.  I will buy them all.

Nora, if you were the one who posted this earlier on Kings Dominion's Facebook page. Go take a look, the park responded back to you. Sounds like singing mushroom merchandise coming early summer! (Not sure what the items will be at this point.)

Anyone notice that Kings Dominion is responding back more frequently to Facebook entries over the last month or so?

Reactions: Nora
Yes, I've noticed it since Gene's departure. He used to be the main controller of the Facebook book page. With his position still not filled, someone else in marketing is running the Facebook page. You can see how stuff is written and of course by the amount of responses that KD has been giving.

Reactions: Nora
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad