Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
This is still nothing much in the way of #KD40 celebrations, but I read here that May 3, 2015, the official 40th anniversary of the park, will feature various surprises and special entertainment. So there's that to look forward to.

This is actually really exciting. It's great to see Old Virginia's attractions getting some love, and the updated sawmill promises changes that I've hoped for for ages.

Reactions: John and Luke
Please let the Mason Dixon Music Hall name be one of Old Virginia's retro changes, I would be in Cloud 9 if that happened.

It is a shame they made a deal with Ole Smoky Tennessee Moonshine and not a VA Moonshine company like, Climax. It is made down the road in Culpeper.

Zimmy said:
It is a shame they made a deal with Ole Smoky Tennessee Moonshine and not a VA Moonshine company like, Climax.  It is made down the road in Culpeper.

I am not sure if this deal was made at the park level or at the corporate level. There are several Cedar Fair parks that are featuring new/upgraded/revamped BBQ venues. Dorney Park is doing a BBQ food venue for 2015. (I think there was one or two other CF parks in the mix for this season as well).

[facebook=https://www.facebook.com/kingsdominionva/posts/10152614069646875:0]

I like the attractions featured, but the designs are kind of underwhelming and not very pin like, IMO. Hopefully they look different on the actual pin.

Here are two more new pins being released this season:

intim2.jpg

The I305 one looks pretty cool.

Not a pin collector - but I'll have to purchase the Intimidator one. I like how they incorporated "Celebrating 5 Years" on it - it makes the pin unique for the 40th Anniversary.

Reactions: Zachary
[facebook=https://www.facebook.com/kingsdominionva/photos/a.180141141874.131348.32237381874/10152635416611875/?type=1&theater]

Reactions: Zachary
Today is the preview opening, so who is going? I would like to hear if Candy Apple Grove changed it's atmosphere music or not. Plus other subtle changes that the park hasn't told us about.

Thanks in advance. :)

Reactions: Jake and Peyton
I'm going! Sooo excited! I wouldn't hold my breath about the music in Candy Apple Grove, but I'm sure there are plenty of other surprises waiting for us. New pavers? New paint? Who knows!

I also can't wait to see my friends Timmy, Jimmy, Lenny, and Bob again. It's been a long four months. :p

Hearing major problems with opening the rides today with temperatures in the area! Lots of complaints coming form guests.

Also hearing some rides not working properly today

I talked to the employees and they couldn't open the coasters if the temp is under 45 degrees. Only the flight of fear was opened on time. Eventually the Grizzly, Hurler, Rebel Yell, Anaconda, Shockwave opened up at around 3. Then i left, but overall not very many people there and didn't notice much change around the park except for some new music around the park. Also wasn't there supposed to be a new exit for the rebel yell, but it was the same mile long exit.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad