Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I've been out of town, so haven't made it to the park in a couple weeks. Totally surprised to find the shortcut between the globe theater and the sky buckets station is open. Talked to a staff member who said it's been open for about a week, and should stay open for about six weeks more. Huge traffic flow improvement!

Yea. I know what it's for, I just wish they would keep it open on the higher capacity days. Throw a food and drink stall in there and they might just make some money as people stroll through a relaxed corridor and stop for a drink than cram through a ton of people in a bottleneck that you just push your way through to get to the other side.

Reactions: Mamunia
From what I understood the park did open this pathway in 2009 to help with crowd flow due to the new expansion Forest of Fun being located on this path. However, when this occurred, the revenue from the stands (Snacks, Glow products, ETC) lining the path from England to Forest of Fun dropped so significantly that the park forced the alternate pathway to be closed once again. This allowed for only one option for guests leaving the park to pass all of these stands increasing the chances of people purchasing items. Keep in mind this is just what I've heard over the years of going to the park.

Connor said:
From what I understood the park did open this pathway in 2009 to help with crowd flow due to the new expansion Forest of Fun being located on this path. However, when this occurred, the revenue from the stands (Snacks, Glow products, ETC) lining the path from England to Forest of Fun dropped so significantly that the park forced the alternate pathway to be closed once again. This allowed for only one option for guests leaving the park to pass all of these stands increasing the chances of people purchasing items. Keep in mind this is just what I've heard over the years of going to the park.

This is the exact reason why that path remains closed.

bc9.gif

Once again the park is showing how it does not care about its long time pass holders! How can I be expected to use CUCUMBER MELON? I am not a teenager any more! They give no thought to us older members who have always used the peach! In fact in the old days Mr. Busch would actually go to Georgia and hand pick the peaches that were then reduced for their sent. This is no way to respect his memory!

Well, it's not as if the park is going to turn Banbury Cross into a neon flower entrance or something.

Oh wait, that almost happened didn't it? ;-P

Joe said:
I've just received word from several of my higher up sources that the park is removing their traditional peach scented hand soaps in favor of cucumber melon.

Has it always been peach? Growing up, I seem to remember a lavender-type scent. In recent years it's definitely been something fruity, but I liked the scent I remember as a kid way better. Am I remembering wrong?

Either way, cucumber melon is just...eww.

Reactions: jornor
Got it. So...was the part about the peach scent true? I'm sure I'm the only person on the planet that remembers the BGW bathroom soap scent in a fond way, but this is bugging me now. :-/

(I tend to be a bit naive and/or gullible at times...this is one of those times.)

Reactions: jornor
There was no way for anyone to know about that old thread, unless they were active on the Forum at the time.

EDIT: I have no idea why Joe decided to revive this debate. I believe the original thread was intended to lampoon the dramatic responses to every little change in the park. If they ever do change the soap scent, I doubt anyone will believe the person, who reports it.

Reactions: Mushroom and ..…
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad