2018 Park Changes and Projects

Login or Register to Hide This Ad

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
There was no way for anyone to know about that old thread, unless they were active on the Forum at the time.

EDIT: I have no idea why Joe decided to revive this debate. I believe the original thread was intended to lampoon the dramatic responses to every little change in the park. If they ever do change the soap scent, I doubt anyone will believe the person, who reports it.

Reactions: Joe and Lolers

Lolers

Wavering faith will not serve you well
Sep 14, 2014
Nicole said:
If they ever do change the soap scent, I doubt anyone will believe the person, who reports it.
Put me in charge of soap reporting, because I swear I remember the scent (lavender, damn it).

Reactions: jornor and Nicole

Zimmy

Nessie thinks it is not polite to ask her age!
Sep 28, 2013
Virginia Beach
The only thing in recent memory that the park has changed that is MORE important than the soap is the number of parking spaces...

Sep 29, 2009
I don't know if this should receive its own thread, but the park is now acknowledging Canada as an official country on new merchandise. For reference, here is the new banner for photos taken at the park gate. I first saw Canada listed as a country on a large towel at Pompeii photos, but it is everywhere now.

May 27, 2011
And if they represented the whole island they would have a sweet Welsh red dragon in the middle of the Union Jack.

Reactions: Flyer

Alf33

Silver Donor
Jun 8, 2013
Chesapeake
With the Canadian flag now being displayed the park must now have decided to acknowledge that the New France hamlet is based on the early French settlers in Canada. I guess they don't want to hide or shrug off this fact anymore even though it kills a little bit of the "Old Country" and "Europe" theming that the park is based on.

Mar 16, 2016
Sorry is someone has already said something but there’s now temporary booths in front of the DK entrance. Not really well done but it at least blocks it some.

Reactions: CastleOSullivan
Sep 29, 2009
warfelg said:
Sorry is someone has already said something but there’s now temporary booths in front of the DK entrance. Not really well done but it at least blocks it some.
In the Food and Wine Festival thread, I posted a photo of the awkwardly placed India kiosk outside of the former exit. Is there anything else there this weekend in addition to that?

Mar 16, 2016
CastleOSullivan said:
warfelg said:
In the Food and Wine Festival thread, I posted a photo of the awkwardly placed India kiosk outside of the former exit. Is there anything else there this weekend in addition to that?
Yea I should have taken a picture but there's two side by side empty cabanas right in front of it. I tried to look into one and a mean looking security guy politely asked me to no go in, so I let it be and walked off. I imagine that they are just there so they can divert attention from the entrance.

Looked up your picture. That's not what was there. I mean that was there, but not where I'm talking about.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad