Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
WDWRLD said:
The doughnut machine has only been in operation a week and they have already given up on trying to make them correctly. This is what the display case looked like at park open today. They are basically one big ball of dough. All irregular shaped and sizes. Honestly they look more like large hush puppies before they get icing.

Like a roller coaster. Who cares what it looks like, how did they taste?

Zimmy said:
WDWRLD said:
The doughnut machine has only been in operation a week and they have already given up on trying to make them correctly. This is what the display case looked like at park open today. They are basically one big ball of dough. All irregular shaped and sizes. Honestly they look more like large hush puppies before they get icing.

Like a roller coaster.  Who cares what it looks like, how did they taste?
In food presentation is everything. Honestly havent tried them, gone in there a few times to try them but every time when I look at them I change my mind.

As of yesterday they're still having some problems with the donut shapes. That being said the textures of the "holes" seemed a but more consistent than the donuts which I've noticed have been too crunchy/overcooked on the bottom. Additionally, you can request plain/unfrosted ones as well.

Pretzel Kaiser said:
As of yesterday they're still having some problems with the donut shapes.  That being said the textures of the "holes" seemed a but more consistent than the donuts which I've noticed have been too crunchy/overcooked on the bottom. Additionally, you can request plain/unfrosted ones as well.
Do they have doughnut holes too? I didnt see them or see them on the menu. Yes, taste as well as appearance are important, but if the first thing you see is poor presentation then you are already expecting a less that delicious taste regardless if it is or isnt.

Reactions: jornor
Cobblestone Ale & Spirts is open with a very limited menu, seven beers and kettle corn rounding out the entire menu. Didn’t look like they were doing any business. But the doughnuts are looking great today and tasted good as well!

Attachments

• 4A052AA0-E49B-4AA3-AF44-CF4BE899DDEA.jpeg
    4A052AA0-E49B-4AA3-AF44-CF4BE899DDEA.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 47
  • 830951ED-BCF9-4F81-A09D-19929E681F4B.jpeg
    830951ED-BCF9-4F81-A09D-19929E681F4B.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 36
  • 8418B089-C216-4CCF-AE4B-15975BD17AD1.jpeg
    8418B089-C216-4CCF-AE4B-15975BD17AD1.jpeg
    712.4 KB · Views: 40
WDWRLD said:
Cobblestone Ale & Spirts is open with a very limited menu, seven beers and kettle corn rounding out the entire menu. Didn’t look like they were doing any business. But the doughnuts are looking great today and tasted good as well!

Good pics WDWRLD, glad that the donuts turned out to be good. I would have been disappointed if they weren't any good.

Reactions: jornor
Okay, finally got time to get back to this from opening weekend. Octoberfest changes. BGW must really hate trees now. I'll do these in before and after. Many angles are not the same. The tree gone by Der Marktplatz was a big one. And, of course, the planter that is obviously gone in front of the Festhaus.

Attachments

• DK Before.jpg
    DK Before.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 69
  • DK AfterJPG.JPG
    DK AfterJPG.JPG
    534 KB · Views: 53
  • Oktoberfest Before 1.jpg
    Oktoberfest Before 1.jpg
    346.3 KB · Views: 41
  • Oktoberfest After 1.JPG
    Oktoberfest After 1.JPG
    403.7 KB · Views: 45
  • Oktoberfest Before 2.jpg
    Oktoberfest Before 2.jpg
    321.1 KB · Views: 44
  • Oktoberfest Before 3.jpg
    Oktoberfest Before 3.jpg
    377.5 KB · Views: 40
  • Oktoberfest After 3.JPG
    Oktoberfest After 3.JPG
    493.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Oktoberfest Before 4.jpg
    Oktoberfest Before 4.jpg
    471.1 KB · Views: 38
  • Oktoberfest After 4.JPG
    Oktoberfest After 4.JPG
    534.1 KB · Views: 37
Judging off the photos, most the trees were extremely large and were taken out and new trees planted in their place. Trees are great but I think they were too large for the areas now. Other trees that were close to buildings could have been threats to damaging the foundations of the buildings. If you ever look back at photos from when these sections of the park were built they all had freshly planted trees. Just the circle of life IMO.

Zimmy said:
maybe the winter was hard on the trees and there was some blight?

This winter was hard on trees. The consistent changing of the temperature lead to many trees getting diseases. So there's a chance that's part of it. Size and root complex is part of it, and as the root system gets bigger, it can cause problems with the pavement and walls in the area. So taking it out could have something to do with maintenance. Lastly there's a safety issue, needing the clear sight lines, keeping high climbable trees off the paths, and falling trees out of the way.

I don't know which one it is, but last year when the pipeline needed clearing off, people complained a bunch this time of year when newly planted stuff was there and leaves haven't come in. Let that come in, leaves come, flowers bloom, and take stock of it then.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad