Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Wow that actually looks like a pretty good menu. I wonder how much will be available for those of us with dining plans.

Reactions: wombat96
Wow that actually looks like a pretty good menu. I wonder how much will be available for those of us with dining plans.

Some of the food offerings in the blog (4-5 meals) were designated as being on the meal plan. Though, I would check the Winterfest guide and food locations in the park for confirmation. This blog is oriented toward general marketing, so confirmation might be needed.

Maybe someone who visits the park during the first few days of Winterfest can check the food locations and food truck for menu offerings, prices, and meal plan availability. Sorta like what some folks do at the start of the new operating season.

Not all meals/desserts/sweet offerings in the blog had a specific location listed where they would be served (ex. Cinnamon Bread would be offered at several locations throughout the park; but no specific locations were listed).

2019 Winterfest Decor video: 2019 Winterfest Decor

Highlights:
Some existing areas getting more lighting and decor.
Some areas might be changed up slightly from 2018.

Biggest changes for 2019
  1. New arched structure over the bridge between Action Theater and Parched Pig.
  2. Expanded Snowman Land around Dominator.
  3. Large size Gingerbread House somewhere in the park.
In general, seems some areas being tweaked/refreshed and more lights decor overall compared to 2018.

It looks like the Igloo Rentals for 2019 have come WAY Down in price compared to last year.
2019 Rates are as follows (see exceptions below):
  • Non-Saturday (Sundays and select weekdays) - $129 for four people. Up to 4 additional add-on folks for $20 each (Max. 8 People).
  • Saturdays - $149 for four people. Up to 4 additional add-on folks for $20 each (Max. 8 People).
  • Weekend leading up to Christmas (Sat-Sun-Mon) - $149 for four people. Up to 4 additional add-on folks for $20 each (Max. 8 People).
  • New Years Eve (Tues) - $199 for four people. Up to 4 additional add-on folks for $20 each (Max. 8 People).

It looks like the price was cut because the benifits have been significantly cut too. I tend to think offering these upgrades (carriage rides, ice skating, cookie decorating, etc.) à la carte is the right choice anyway, but the change is definitely worth noting.

It looks like the price was cut because the benifits have been significantly cut too. I tend to think offering these upgrades (carriage rides, ice skating, cookie decorating, etc.) à la carte is the right choice anyway, but the change is definitely worth noting.
I had forgotten about the other inclusive perks for the $300 rental fee last year. Like you stated, giving the renters the igloo at a lower cost and let everyone decide what up-charge activities they want to do, or not do, is a better idea.

KD could expand the Igloo concierge services to more than food & beverage. They could give the renters direct access to purchase ice skating, cookie decorating, and carriage rides. Either purchasing the tickets under the tower or giving the renters a "fast pass" to purchase tickets and pick-up skate rentals etc.

Reactions: Zachary
For the 2019 Kings Dominion Winterfest Entertainment we have the following Casting Companies for the shows:

RWS Entertainment Group
  • Charlie Brown's Christmas Spectacular - KD Theater
  • Jingle Jazz - Old VA Stage
MoonMaxx Productions
  • Tinker's Toy Factory - Peanuts Showplace
  • MistleTones - Old VA Stage
  • Sounds of the Nativity - CAG Nativity Stage
I believe the following were cast by a Drum Corp Organization
  • 4 Drummers Drumming
Cast in-house by KD
  • A Peanuts Guide to Christmas - Peanuts Playhouse
  • Blitzen's Brass Band - Park Wide

That leaves the following 2 "live" entertainment shows that do not have a casting source. Were these shows cast by a third outside casting company or were they cast in-house by KD?
  • Cool Yule Christmas - Intl Street Stage
  • Holly Jolly Trolley - CAG

I wonder what changes are going to happen to how the event is organized this year. The old General Store is now the Parched Pig so I can't see that building still being the North Pole Post Office anymore, but with Twisted Timbers open maybe the Post Office can move to Twist & Shop? I assume the Parched Pig will still be some sort of bar?

I also wonder what the theme will be for the Timbers plaza; last year it was mostly closed off except for where Sounds of Nativity was. According to the food blog post, Juke Box Diner will be called "Blitzen's Burgers" which doesn't say much about the theme. Plus, since Sounds of Nativity was basically smack in the middle of that plaza, I wonder if it will be relocated to facilitate crowd flow to Timbers and the restaurant.

Reactions: Zachary
Didn't even think about it until it was brought up here, but does BGW contract out some of their shows and entertainment too? or do they do all their own?

Didn't even think about it until it was brought up here, but does BGW contract out some of their shows and entertainment too? or do they do all their own?

Wrong thread, so if you want more info, feel free to start a thread on the BGW side. That said, short answer, BGW does most everything in house.

Wrong thread, so if you want more info, feel free to start a thread on the BGW side. That said, short answer, BGW does most everything in house.

Keep in mind that Cedar Fair is the producer of ALL show content for Winterfest. I have seen on national casting web sites stating as such. RWS Entertainment is casting, for the two shows listed above, for several Cedar Fair parks for 2019 (CGA, Carowinds, KI, KD, maybe WOF). These casting companies work with the parks entertainment department, to rehearse the song and dance routines in each CF production.

Interesting tidbit on the Cool Yule Christmas show; the KD web site description states that all cast costumes were created in-house. I think the cast wears 3-4 costumes during the show. Makes me wonder if this production was cast in-house.

I wonder what changes are going to happen to how the event is organized this year. The old General Store is now the Parched Pig so I can't see that building still being the North Pole Post Office anymore, but with Twisted Timbers open maybe the Post Office can move to Twist & Shop? I assume the Parched Pig will still be some sort of bar?

I also wonder what the theme will be for the Timbers plaza; last year it was mostly closed off except for where Sounds of Nativity was. According to the food blog post, Juke Box Diner will be called "Blitzen's Burgers" which doesn't say much about the theme. Plus, since Sounds of Nativity was basically smack in the middle of that plaza, I wonder if it will be relocated to facilitate crowd flow to Timbers and the restaurant.
I would guess the Nativity area will be shifted over in front of the sky-flyer and wind-seeker. I don't think either were open for WF 2018. That way there is a unobstructed path to TT and BB.

My one complaint about the ice skating (which I don't think is outrageously priced) is that if you get off the ice your session is over. I know some people can skate for 90 minutes straight, but I can't. You can hang out at the edge, but that's not the same as getting off the ice and sitting on a bench. Is the policy the same this year?

My one complaint about the ice skating (which I don't think is outrageously priced) is that if you get off the ice your session is over. I know some people can skate for 90 minutes straight, but I can't. You can hang out at the edge, but that's not the same as getting off the ice and sitting on a bench. Is the policy the same this year?

That wasn’t my experience last year at all. In fact, they specifically told us that would could come and go as we pleased during the window, hence the colored wristbands you have to wear.

EDIT: Based on a Q&A on the Snow Flake Lake web page, it looks like I was told wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crunchewy
That wasn’t my experience last year at all. In fact, they specifically told us that would could come and go as we pleased during the window, hence the colored wristbands you have to wear.

Ok, that's good news then. They had posted that you had to stay on the ice, I'm 90% sure. Ok, so not 100%.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad