Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
MAZ said:
I was there yesterday and I almost felt bad for the vendors and musicians. There was hardly anybody there. I was shocked to see that someone had toilet papered windseeker. Also, the 15+ beer selection was down to about 3 choices. It made no sense.

It was busy on Saturday. However, they were down to 5 beer selections 20 minutes into the event and 4 by 1pm. The food houses didn't start accepting credit cards until about an hour in. The beer line was painfully slow and long. This was the 3rd big food/drink event this year and it wasn't consistent to the other events. I saw other people also looking for the ticket booth to buy food and drink tickets.

Reactions: MAZ and Mushroom
The irony in this name is the fact it’s called WindSeeker but it gets closed down due to high winds. Also was down at the beginning of the day due to winds.

Attachments

• CA1FA94E-BAFF-4752-8B64-E42281F6D8CA.jpeg
    CA1FA94E-BAFF-4752-8B64-E42281F6D8CA.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 15873E9C-6842-4365-9982-D6442E580191.jpeg
    15873E9C-6842-4365-9982-D6442E580191.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Dusting this one off - I rode today but noticed that ops were only loading every car with only 1 rider apiece.

I couldn't figure out why they'd do that; I don't think it changes weight distribution and you still need the same amount of staff considering entire circumference was being loaded. Inherently all it seemed to do was to artificially decrease capacity.

Anyone know why they did this?

Reactions: Nibbins
Dusting this one off - I rode today but noticed that ops were only loading every car with only 1 rider apiece.

I couldn't figure out why they'd do that; I don't think it changes weight distribution and you still need the same amount of staff considering entire circumference was being loaded. Inherently all it seemed to do was to artificially decrease capacity.

Anyone know why they did this?

When I worked the ride they tended to do this when there was high winds.

I heard someone mention winds as a reason for the single rider loading yesterday when we were on WindSeeker.

...which is ironic considering the name of the ride.

Reactions: Nicole
I heard someone mention winds as a reason for the single rider loading yesterday when we were on WindSeeker.

...which is ironic considering the name of the ride.

Trust me the irony is not lost on the operators, a lot of them say the ride only runs to seek the wind and when it finds them it has no need to operate anymore.

However I do not understand the need for a single rider rule in those wind conditions even being trained at the ride, never got a proper explanation for it.

• Haha
Reactions: Nicole and Nibbins
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad