Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Currently waiting for last ride of the night on Candymonium, (I’m wearing an RMC shirt) an official looking dude just asked me if I was following Hersheypark on twitter because if so I should look out for an announcement about RMC this week 👀🤷‍♂️

• Wow
Reactions: Coasternerd
Currently waiting for last ride of the night on Candymonium, (I’m wearing an RMC shirt) an official looking dude just asked me if I was following Hersheypark on twitter because if so I should look out for an announcement about RMC this week 👀🤷‍♂️
Well this just about confirms it. Iron Gwazi single rail giga launch RMC 2023

If the RMC rumors were to fall through though…

I watched a POV of the new GCI Roaring Timbers and it looks absolutely insane. If GCI were to reprofile a majority of Wildcat to turn like some of their newer rides, that’d be a super close second place imo.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Direct Link to Embedded Media Source
Also, is the titan track meant more as a repair for worn down track, or is GCI looking to use the metal track to allow for a more forceful ride experience?

• Love
Reactions: Crunchewy
Also, is the titan track meant more as a repair for worn down track, or is GCI looking to use the metal track to allow for a more forceful ride experience?
My understanding is they have made the Titan track primarily as a means to retrack rougher coasters and to make maintenance easier. THAT SAID, they have also designed it with the idea that inversions could also be included in a ride. The year that the Titan Track was announced, GCI had a dueling wooden coaster that featured inversions at their IAAPA booth. The other big development with the Titan Track was also a new train, dubbed the Infinity Flyers. These trains appear to have a more modern design, have hydraulic restraints, and can support inversions, higher negative and positive g forces, and even launches if a park so desires one.

• Love
Reactions: Dogface and Ziva
If the RMC rumors were to fall through though…

I watched a POV of the new GCI Roaring Timbers and it looks absolutely insane. If GCI were to reprofile a majority of Wildcat to turn like some of their newer rides, that’d be a super close second place imo.

I love to see new wooden coasters! It looks awesome!

I'm just going to go out and say it but if you expect Hershey to do any major announcement you're kidding yourself.

You have about a month.

Reactions: warfelg
I'm just going to go out and say it but if you expect Hershey to do any major announcement you're kidding yourself.

You have about a month.
As unpredictable as the announcement can be, Hershey’s announcing date and styles are like clockwork.

So yesterday, Hershey posted a new teaser for Hershey park in the dark, at the very end it flashes for a split second “7.12”
Think anything of this? Maybe a announcement date?
Also if you go to the 7th teaser thing, it says “you’re clawing for too much information”
I think we’re looking at a rmc’d wildcat, lighting racer would be a better rmc, twisted colossus of the east. But whatever lol.

So yesterday, Hershey posted a new teaser for Hershey park in the dark, at the very end it flashes for a split second “7.12”
Think anything of this? Maybe a announcement date?
Also if you go to the 7th teaser thing, it says “you’re clawing for too much information”
I think we’re looking at a rmc’d wildcat, lighting racer would be a better rmc, twisted colossus of the east. But whatever lol.
RMCing Lightning Racer would make sense if they wanted to expand the water park, by cutting back on the rides huge foot print.

My preference would be to RMC Comet, but that would get too much hate from the historical crowd.

Where does RMC factor into any of this? We've been discussing GCI titan track for a while now. Also I have to ask what if 7/12 is just a date to announce stuff for Hersheypark in the Dark? I will gladly stand corrected if it's not and it is an RMC because if Hershey added an RMC holy sh*t what a coaster lineup that park would have but still I haven't seen much traction to that concept.

Reactions: Ziva
The last hersheypark in the dark teaser had a wildcat pov in the background, this new one has a cat like creature in a cage, the next teaser says you’re clawing for too much information.
Hersheyparkenthusiast made a few vids on it, I suggest looking at those. Seems like we’re getting a rmc to me
Edit here’s one of his vids, should take a look

Last edited:
Reactions: Coasternerd
Confirming 7/12 as the announcement. 7/30 will be the final day.

Originally it was supposed to be announced 7/5 and closed 7/12, but I guess Hershey figured out that giving people a single week to get last rides on a ride was a bad idea.

Maybe y'all will like the changes, maybe not. Not gonna act like I know specifically what's happening just that the ride is going to be modified in some way from its current layout.

I rode Wildcat (mid-train) in mid-June 2021 for the first time, and it was easily a one and done. I'm not exaggerating when I say every adult came off with pain (maybe it was the train?). Significant jack hammering and pot holes. The couple behind me both said "I already have whiplash" about 1/3 into the ride and the people in front of me were moving their necks side to side and leaning forward (commonly displayed body language of 'yikes'). The only people who seemed to not be phased by it were the vocal kids also seated in a row behind me who were too scared to go on anything bigger.

When I was on the exit walk through I literally told my wife that something needs to be done with Wildcat, whether that be RMC or GCI Titan Track or they come in and just re-profile it.

They better be going big with this, as Wildcat as it currently stands is an intense ride in its own right.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad