Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

MAZ

Jan 30, 2014
Richmond
Well you can get a dining plan for $29.95 and use it every 90 minutes on pizza if you want to save money. Let's see, on a normal summer day that would be 8 meals. 2 slices per meal is 16 slices. That's a combined TWO whole pizzas for less than the cost of one. If you were into saving money, and wanted to eat two whole pizzas over the course of a day, this would certainly bring the food cost down to a normal restaurant price.

Sep 30, 2015
I really regret not getting the souvenir cup at the beginning of the season. I just hate having to carry it around all day and put it up to ride rides. But it would have been better than $4 for a 20 oz from the machines or the eateries.

Sep 25, 2016
Yogi's Cave
Here's the menu for Victoria's Pizza - big change from last year is that you can no longer get the 2-slice or 1-slice and breadsticks on the dining plan. However they now have meatball subs, not sure if they had those last year or not as I always got the pizza.

So if you want the pizza on the dining plan you'll have to go up to the Pizza Parlor near the Eiffel Tower.

Attachments

• Victoria_Pizza.jpg
    Victoria_Pizza.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 17
Mar 18, 2017
Very strange -- although I have a guess. 2 slices was the favorite for feeding 2 people on one Dining Plan. 2 slices for yourself also tends to be the threshold for never wanting to eat the stuff again. I used to get one slice for less than $5, for years, it was the best choice for not being hungry anymore for the price of fries. Haven't kept track of that. Guessing $10/slice?

The salads are being pushed, well the timing is appropriate for me personally. ;(

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
Looks like the meatball sub was carried over from Dinner Bell's demise. Glad it's still on the menu somewhere in the park; it was surprisingly good last year.

Reactions: jeffh

Zimmy

Nessie is lonely.
Silver Donor
Sep 28, 2013
Virginia Beach
According to the park’s blog post, yes.
I am not sure the parks blog is unbiased and it had a LONG way to go. I can only base my current opinion my past experiences. (the best predictor of future performance being past performance and all that)

Now having said that, and being the pizza snob that I am, I will have to try the new pie and judge for myself.

• Eye-Roll
Reactions: Mushroom

b.mac

Indiana Beach Vibe
May 14, 2011
BFE, Virginia
Hopefully they cut down on the amount of dough on the pizza. For how quickly they usually turn the pizzas out they need a crispier crust in order to actually hold the gargantuan amount of cheese they drop on the pizzas.

Zimmy

Nessie is lonely.
Silver Donor
Sep 28, 2013
Virginia Beach
Hopefully they cut down on the amount of dough on the pizza. For how quickly they usually turn the pizzas out they need a crispier crust in order to actually hold the gargantuan amount of cheese they drop on the pizzas.
Also they need to stop using fake cheese and butter instead of olive oil. (Chef Paul's assistant chef gave me the dirty on that a couple years ago.)

Reactions: UncleDuncan
Nov 24, 2009
I read the post about the pizzas getting a overhaul.....but the ones I saw pass day they looked to be the same or very close to it.

Oct 7, 2011
This was some of the worst pizza I think I have ever had. Not quite as bad as old-school 7/11 pizza, but still abominable. And it has been that way for as long as I can remember. Nearly any change would be an improvement. I can overlook almost any sin in pizza, but this stuff was unforgivable.

Not my worst KD food experience, though. That would be the old Congo Coolers stand by Anaconda. It was 1992 and the flavors you could choose were Red and Blue. I got whichever flavor came with the colossal fresh strawberry glommed onto the rim of the cup. Absolutely huge strawberry. Truly impressive, until I noticed the little seeds on that strawberry moving around when I was roughly half-finished with the drink. The seeds were actually tiny ants flooding out from their home inside the gigantic strawberry. Hundreds and hundreds. They were in the drink too, and had been the entire time.

It occurs to me that I didn't look for a Congo Coolers thread before posting this here.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad