Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Lord Robert

"Not pet. Wingman."
Apr 18, 2014
The name has returned to it's 1970's name: Victoria Gardens. I wonder if there 's some new things added to it this year.

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
The interior walls have been given a Coca-Cola wallpaper. It doesn't look bad to be honest. It beats the blank white wall they had last year.

Sep 13, 2013
Are Victoria's and Pizza Parlor the same pizza? If not, which is better? What is the price of a whole pizza, no drinks or sides? Thank you!

Sep 30, 2015
I don't know why I assumed they would be the same pizza. Is this not the case? I always thought they had the same stuff. We had Victoria's Pizza last week and thought it was decent. I'll have to try the Parlor next time.

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
In the past few years Victoria Gardens has served some of the worst food in the park. This year, however, it wasn't half bad. The pizza is still second to the fresh stuff at Pizza Parlor on International Street, but even my father - a picky New York-bred pizza snob - agreed Victoria's was serving good pizza this year. I think something has definitely changed here.

That said, Victoria's is such a massive, centralized restaurant that I totally think it could do more than serve overpriced pizza and breadsticks.

Zimmy

Nessie is lonely.
Silver Donor
Sep 28, 2013
Virginia Beach
I think I have mentioned this before, but in the distant past they used to throw pies at Victoria's. I have always thought this could be something they could do there again, maybe not all day but certainly during certain hours, if for nothing else the show of it. Watching someone who really knows how to throw dough is very cool.

Sep 30, 2015
FYI, whole pizza is $35.99. 2 slices and Drink $15.59. School groups were buying whole pizzas and kids splitting it up. Day we were there it was fresh and hot because of the school groups.

Feb 6, 2016
Colonial Heights
7 pizzas at Little Caesars for the price of 1 at Victoria's??? Hell, I like Little Caesars better actually. Does anybody actually recommend Victoria's this year?

MAZ

Jan 30, 2014
Richmond
In all fairness, little Caesars isn't paying 12 employees through 2 shifts each time they open. I'm not justifying a $36 pizza, just bashing the comparison to a tiny 3 employee fast food pizza joint that can afford to sell $5 pizza.

Reactions: Nicole and Mushroom
Feb 6, 2016
Colonial Heights
The pizza place on International Street(Pizza Parlor?) surely dosnt employ 12 people at a time and I can guarantee the pizza there was much better than other amusement park pizza places. For what its worth, for the limited number of items on the menu, I dont think they need 12 people to make soggy breadsticks and "ok" pizza. I dont see why I'm ranting when there's other places to eat at the park so ill leave it at that

Sep 30, 2015
The soda guy in Victoria's the day we were there was leaving about 1.5" below the top of the cups when filling the drinks (not to mention 3/4 ice). I handed it back and said fill it up. Wife and I split the two slice pizza plate and drink which was plenty for the two of us. Then we discovered the Chik-Fil-A the next day. A much better choice and deal if you ask me. Get a large combo and add a sandwich which came to about $17 and change with our pass discount.

Reactions: Grant

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
This may be a bit off topic, but the best food in the park is consistently at the eateries Chef Paul has overhauled.

May 17, 2012
strycker said:
FYI, whole pizza is $35.99.  2 slices and Drink $15.59.  School groups were buying whole pizzas and kids splitting it up.  Day we were there it was fresh and hot because of the school groups.

I thought Six Flags in Largo was bad, good lord.

I have gone entire days without eating at amusement parks because the markup is ridiculous.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad