Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
The first entry in this thread is a WikiPost. As such, it can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.

Manufacturer
ZIERER

Model
Elevated Seating Coaster w/ Vertical Drop Element

Hamlet
Oktoberfest (Germany)

Official Opening
May 18, 2012

Soft Opening
May 11, 2012

Tallest Drop
88ft

Top Speed
53mph

Inversion Count

Launch Segments

Riders Per Train

Number of Trains

Height Requirement
48in

Verbolten is an indoor/outdoor ZIERER Elevated Seating Coaster that features a Vertical Drop Element. It officially opened in mid-May 2012 on the site formally occupied by the Arrow Suspended Coaster, Big Bad Wolf.

Videos​

Development Documentary​

Ride Recordings​

On-Ride Videos​

Backstage Footage​

Last edited by a moderator:
can you make your own thread on this website.Ive only been here for a little.

I answered your question via PM @Phant0m.

Needless to say, questions about forum functionality don't belong in a thread titled "Verbolten" in the "Busch Gardens Williamsburg" section of the site. In the future private messaging staff or posting somewhere in the ParkFans.net board is a much better option.

Back to Verbolten.

I have seen them run 5 occasionally but I don't think that running the 5th speeds up operations that much more than running 4 so that's probably why we don't see it as much.

They ran four trains with one load/unload station all day Sunday. Not sure why they decided that was a good idea. Even though crowds were low, the line was way longer than it should have been for Verbolten. Hopefully this was just a one day thing but I would have thought they would have had all hands on deck for opening weekend. Guess not.

When I went on the roller coaster inside tour couple years back I asked why they never seem to run verbolton at full capacity creating a long line on a not so busy day. I was told by the tour guide that verbolton acts as a buffer ride to keep people off the park midways and paths so that they don’t become crowded. They purposly make verbolton have a decent line to keep these people inline waiting instead of on footpaths increasing congestion, which if u have been to recent Christmas towns can become a huge problem.

Reactions: SLC Headache
I asked some employees about staffing on Sunday while I was there and I was told that the number of people was significantly higher than what they had expected. One of them told me it was almost double. My guess would be that they didn't have the staff to load 4 but based on the number of people in the park they were supposed to run 4.

It looks like they have replaced the artwork in the queue in the past couple if years since I've ridden, which looks a lot better than the white spots that were there before. At least 4 of the queue TV's are broke. There is definitely less in the show building but it's still ok, especially with the sound. They added some led walls which seem a bit blurry and have some backlight (not true black) so I was less impressed with that

They added some led walls

The LED light boxes leading into the brakes before the drop track aren't new. Those are supposed to shine through the translucent leaf pieces. The leaf parts of them have just been removed for one reason or another. It looks abominable if you ask me.

Also, I know it didn't just happen, but the loss of the semi-circular curtain that encased the first turn in the building hiding the back wall is a monumental downgrade. As the strobes go off, you just see blank warehouse walls now. Super depressing.

That may have been an accident with operations that day, but holy moly is it so cool to see the track with the lights on for the first time!

Reactions: jtrothrock
So they removed the leaf and that is why the led screen is so prominent.. Well that is depressing. I'm glad they somewhat fixed the queue but I wish they would go and fix the damage to the show building they did. One thing that bothers me too is how obvious the light coming in from the exit tunnel is when you're getting ready to drop... That should be hidden. Why don't they have doors on it like Disney does on test track

That may have been an accident with operations that day, but holy moly is it so cool to see the track with the lights on for the first time!
I tried to get a POV with the lights on a few years ago and was told that "the show building is considered a limited access area when the lights are on and guests are not allowed to see it." Glad to see someone was able to capture it when a slip-up occurred!

It's too bad they didn't go for any fake trees like the E.T. queue at universal has. Could you imagine shooting through those, with fake lightning briefly illuminating them. Really at this point they removed so much they have a clean slate to work with

It's too bad they didn't go for any fake trees like the E.T. queue at universal has. Could you imagine shooting through those, with fake lightning briefly illuminating them. Really at this point they removed so much they have a clean slate to work with

This is EXACTLY what I have always wished they went with instead of the cartoon cutouts. I wish they had gone full Rainforest Cafe with silk plants totally surrounding the track, which would create a more realistic sensation of traveling through a dense forest in a perpetual state of night.

Status
The first entry in this thread is a WikiPost. As such, it can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad