Existing Roller Coaster Twisted Timbers

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Apr 22, 2019
I have to say that I really dislike the idea of them converting not just one, but two wooden coasters into one RMC. Hurler was clearly the one to convert, if any were to be converted. Grizzly is awesome. It needs some TLC, sure - and they are promising it will get it which sounds fantastic to me - but even as-is it's still a great wooden coaster. Especially at night.

Apr 11, 2017
Given that we are in a pandemic right now; my mind can only fathom the foreseeable future. So on a realistic standpoint, I will talk about what is possible right now.

The ride is impressive. I don't know what did it for me, but I have only rode it two or three times. The first time was on December 14th for Winter Fest. My sister was too big to fit, so I rode by myself. It was during the night, so you got the spooky effect. Once the ride spiraled down the first drop; it was like being thrown into another realm. The sharp overhead bank to the right continues your journey towards the woods. My vivid imagination just put me in the HAUNT atmosphere. After getting off the ride, I told my sister that I was just going to ride it one more time. I got on the ride and the same intense feeling was thrown over me. Twisted Timber's night ride experience can easily be overlooked if you don't stay in the park during the late evening. The daytime can clearly overshadow the spooky lore behind it. The theme only sticks out in the night time. Realistically, this ride may only see the majority of this effect after 7:30pm during the summer season. During HAUNT and WinterFest, would be the only time to experience these thrilling night time experiences.

So what else can be done? It would be rather cool to see the park darken the ride's station and landscape area during the evening hours.The station in my opinion could be spooked out with dim lights and flicker effect. The lift hill has probably has to remain lit for maintenance purposes. However, it would be rather cool to see them fog out certain sections of the ride. Not sure how effective the effect would be given the realistic output of the machines.

Connor

fanny pack enthusiast
Sep 20, 2013
Virginia
www.youtube.com
While snooping around the Jack Aldrich Theatere this past weekend at Winter Chill Out I came across this neat flyer referencing many of the various attractions in the CF lineup.
1614011803703.png
I was particularly interested in the rough concept drawings on the flyer as the train to the left looks insanely similar to Twister Timbers with the all too familiar RMC seats and distinct thematic front car. The train on the right seems to reflect Copperhead Strike more, but I just thought this was interesting as I've never seen any sort of rough concept art drawing for TT or CS before.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2019
As someone who lost* their car key on Twisted Timbers because the zippers on the pouches go the opposite direction between the two seats and I wasn't paying close enough attention, I approve of this (which is also probably a COVID-related concern as well).

*They found them and I picked them up a couple weeks later.

Reactions: Zachary

b.mac

Wild Mouse Nerd
May 14, 2011
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
As someone who lost* their car key on Twisted Timbers because the zippers on the pouches go the opposite direction between the two seats and I wasn't paying close enough attention, I approve of this (which is also probably a COVID-related concern as well).

*They found them and I picked them up a couple weeks later.
The original plan at Cedar Point was to implement these lockers before COVID hit. Unsure if Kings Dominion was also following the same idea.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad