Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
The first entry in this thread is a WikiPost. As such, it can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Manufacturer - Premier Rides
Model - Sky Rocket II
Type - Steel Coaster
Height - 150 ft
Length - 863 ft
Top Speed - 62 mph
Elements - 3 (LSM Launch Track, Heartline Roll, Non-Inverting Loop)
Trains - 1 train, 2 across with 3 rows, 18 riders per train
Restraints - Lap Bar with a Padded Over the Shoulder Strap Collar
Opened - April 25, 2015
Hamlet - Festa Italia

RCDB

ParkFans Thread Roundup - Confirmed | First Line of Sight | Second Line of Sight

If I’m not mistaken, pantheon has the sensors that are being referred to in this. Yet it still has rolled back because of a gust taking place during/after the train has already completed the swing launch sequence.
Exactly.... and essentially the reason why there is often a cut off for sustained winds is that when the sustained winds are higher that means the gusts would be exponentially more detrimental to the launch.

If anyone has noticed Tempesto closed recently I have been told by generally reliable sources that SEAS has ordered a halt to all Skyrocket 2 rides at least temporarily. So far no sourcing on why.

I heard (somewhere) it was for removal of the comfort collars. Might just be wishful thinking tho ;P
Excellent news if true. I'd be up to re-evaluating Tempesto without Comfort Collars slowing down dispatches and making the line longer than the ride is worth.

Excellent news if true. I'd be up to re-evaluating Tempesto without Comfort Collars slowing down dispatches and making the line longer than the ride is worth.
I'd imagine if this rumor is true, SEAS would still install lap belts instead. Still would be much more comfortable, but the belts were a pain to use on Icebreaker because of how small the space is to grab the belt while trying to sit down. So I still see longer dispatches, but a bit more comfortable ride.

You guys are grossly overestimating how comfortable those collars made me during my rides!!!!

One definitely detached from the lap bar on my first ever ride and flew up on the way up the first hill to the top. I was alone and the other single rider with me asked if I was good and I was like "oh nah, this is fine, any other ride yeah this would be pooping of the pants bad but otherwise, those straps are useless"

I heard (somewhere) it was for removal of the comfort collars. Might just be wishful thinking tho ;P
Highly doubt that you would see a company wide shutdown for that more likely phased replacement as they went through maintenance.
So I just saw another Instagram story saying it’s not just the SEAS SRiiS, all of them are closed?????
All I have is sources related to BGW on that so I have no idea beyond that.

So I just saw another Instagram story saying it’s not just the SEAS SRiiS, all of them are closed?????
There is a rumor that there was a safety scare at one of the clone rides in California and the manufacturer has requested all rides be shut down so it can review.

The only two I know in California are six flags discovery kingdom and sea world San Diego.

I looked around and couldn’t find any news stories of anything bad happening, but this seems to make some sense since the ride is just sitting there with nothing happening.

I don’t believe the removal of the comfort collars. If that was the case, they would be off by now and the ride would be up and running for the summer season. There hasn’t been any activity over there in a few months.

I love how ITM finally makes an article that isn’t basically clickbait… yet they didn’t mention that Seaworld runs more than 3 parks. According to that article, SeaWorld owns one park in Florida, one in California, and one in Texas.

In all seriousness, sorry to the dude who probably lost his leg because of this accident, but given the nature of the platforms and trains for Skyrocket IIs, isn’t it entirely possible he had his leg out when approaching the platform? That’s the only way I can think of an accident occurring on one of these. Also, hasn’t someone else gotten their foot stuck between the gap on a different one?

Reactions: SLC Headache
Status
The first entry in this thread is a WikiPost. As such, it can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad