Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Jonesta6

Dopeman
Feb 14, 2019
5,893
6,862
260
I think KD/SF is starting to get anxious about Kalahari opening up down the road.

I got a survey and initially thought it was the same kind that others got with the obvious AF1 option (not assuming they would have had that option) and instead got:

1790034657616.png
This is a copy of the previous which was for myself vs household member.

1790034726937.png
Now this is just confusing because None of the above would logically mean unemployed, right?

1790034767570.png
Neato - a marketing segmentation questionnaire.

1790034831683.png
A few more segmentation questions...

1790034908878.png
Cool - should I say marathoning Pantherian?
1790035284273.png
Ok - so hedging their bets against whatever other leisure/recreation options exist.

1790035386527.png
1790035501430.png
1790035576354.png

1790035592962.png
Yeah, that's a long list...

1790035660336.png
Not so long for the negatives

1790035706716.png
1790035751334.png
I missed one, it was asking who you go to theme parks with

1790035777874.png
1790035800068.png
1790035823353.png Odd they asked about my in-park spending, pretty sure they could just look it up.

1790035890739.png Now we're getting specific


1790035940771.png
1790035974950.png
Obviously this bit is specific to a previous answer

1790036016854.png
Are they curious about Winterfest again?
1790036272133.png 1790036540523.png


1790036555616.png
Welcome to Kings Dominion - I love you...

1790036690217.png
Is this their pricing strategy being tested?

There were a few demographic questions at the end I didn't screenshot; most were the usual but they did ask about political identity (conservative vs. liberal) for some reason which I found kind of odd.

Anyways, not sure if this is helpful to anyone or if anyone else got any other kind of survey they'd like to post about, seeing as there wasn't already a thread here for it.
 
That looks like a pretty high quality survey! Glad to see park-specific market research still going on—even at a non-core property.
What's funny is I got the same Survey from KD, but when I mentioned that I go to Dorney just as frequently as KD, it actually switched to asking me questions about Dorney Park, which I found a little weird.
 
I don't really see KD worrying that much about Kalahari. Sure Kalahari might see overlap with KD guest over the winter but I find it hard to imagine families taking their family to Kalahari over KD just from the price point alone. I considered checking out Kalahari when it opens, but after seeing the cost of a single-day ticket at their other locations, I'm not sure if I really want to spend 80-100 dollars just for access to the waterpark. (Wisconsin Dells is their cheapest resort at around $60 but I assume that is due to all the waterpark options in the Dells). From a simple value proposition stance, that's similar to what I paid last year to renew my KD pass (for the year) and I was able to use that at other parks as well. I cost compared Kalahari to Great Wolf Lodge and that is only 65 dollars. For a family of 4, you are looking at 140 dollars cheaper to go to GWL then Kalahari for just the day.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Zachary
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad