Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I've been preoccupied with this FL trip we have coming up and really thought we had more time to go to Summer Nights but dammit if it isn't already over this week. Can someone tell me what they mean by this: "From the talented culinary artists behind the Food & Wine Festival, taste the inspired new seasonal summer treats! Guests will discover all new snack options, decadent sweet treats and more throughout the park."

Do I need to run there on my way home for some of these seasonal summer treats?

They did launch the fireworks at 9:23…..a odd time considering employees were actively trying to push people out of the park at 9pm.

Reactions: Nibbins
They did launch the fireworks at 9:23…..a odd time considering employees were actively trying to push people out of the park at 9pm.
This was something I noticed tonight. It rained a little absolutely no thunder and at 9:40 they shut down Festa Italia due to “nearby inclement weather” then walked by Battering Ram and Escape from Pompeii weirdly still operating. My group was ready to close out on Apollo for the night.

Yea, here lately it’s like they want all shops closed well before closing and all employees gone. What we saw was a guy at Josephine’s only letting people head towards the front….he was stopping anyone walking deeper into the park. There were also the park recordings that the park was closed even though fireworks were scheduled for 9:15 and there was never an anouncement they were canceled. There were quite a few people at the entrance to Royal Palace too since the rain had stopped by then and there was no lightning but again, nothing showing the show was canceled just a empty dark theater.

Reactions: Nibbins
This was something I noticed tonight. It rained a little absolutely no thunder and at 9:40 they shut down Festa Italia due to “nearby inclement weather” then walked by Battering Ram and Escape from Pompeii weirdly still operating. My group was ready to close out on Apollo for the night.
I live only about 14 miles from the park and we did have lightning around that time with the storm tracking towards BGW so it's possible they shut it down cause the storm was close to the 10 mile zone and it just never crossed the 10 mile boundary to for a full shut down. The fact that a similar line of stormed moved through the night before and produced a horrible storm might have added to them pulling the plug on things early. Especially with Festa being a dead end and bottle neck close it early and start moving people towards easier to exit areas would kinda make sense.

Yea, here lately it’s like they want all shops closed well before closing and all employees gone. What we saw was a guy at Josephine’s only letting people head towards the front….he was stopping anyone walking deeper into the park. There were also the park recordings that the park was closed even though fireworks were scheduled for 9:15 and there was never an anouncement they were canceled. There were quite a few people at the entrance to Royal Palace too since the rain had stopped by then and there was no lightning but again, nothing showing the show was canceled just a empty dark theater.

I don't mind them canceling Spark or the fireworks if they need to but the lack of communication is irritating. Can't be that hard to put a sticker "canceled" over the spark sign, do an announcement or have a staff member stand at the entrance sending people away.

I was in the park twice when spark was canceled and no one is telling the guests anything.
The first time I even had staff members walk into the Royal Palace telling us that they might do the show starting with a delay.
Both times no one came to let us know what's actually going on and the guests were just sitting there waiting until they gave up.

• Wow
Reactions: Nicole
I figured I’d share these here, I got some pictures of the fireworks from the VIP Fireworks Viewing Area this year.

Attachments

• E708D42F-36B8-4A71-A171-4845D41D88D3.jpeg
    E708D42F-36B8-4A71-A171-4845D41D88D3.jpeg
    462.7 KB · Views: 12
  • F58CB2A1-AFE4-4EC7-8894-BEF0FFB8FFE0.jpeg
    F58CB2A1-AFE4-4EC7-8894-BEF0FFB8FFE0.jpeg
    320.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 49B3CEB5-2F2F-4DD5-8D72-BC4EEFEEBDC0.jpeg
    49B3CEB5-2F2F-4DD5-8D72-BC4EEFEEBDC0.jpeg
    522 KB · Views: 12
  • 2BDFECBB-04E3-4DCF-ABED-6403D0CF61C7.jpeg
    2BDFECBB-04E3-4DCF-ABED-6403D0CF61C7.jpeg