Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
The first entry in this thread is a WikiPost. As such, it can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
1900x600_BGW_Events_SummerCelebration.jpg

Official Description:​

From daybreak to nightfall, Busch Gardens Summer Celebration has it all.

Daily, June 17 through August 14

An ALL-NEW Summer Celebration turns up the fun at Busch Gardens Williamsburg! Immerse yourself in electrifying entertainment from day to night with the NEW! Summer Celebration Concert Series every Saturday as top music artists from all genres take the Royal Palace Theatre stage. The party continues with weekly performances at the NEW! Summer Celebration Talent Live where top finalists from the hit-show, America’s Got Talent, dazzle and amaze guests of all ages. Play all day on nine world-class coasters including the ALL-NEW Pantheon and keep cool on can’t miss water attractions. Then stay late as the world’s most beautiful theme park transforms with lit coasters and a dynamic fireworks spectacular that’s sure to amaze.

Limited-Time Performances:​

• Kenichi Ebina (June 17 - June 26)
  • Duwendé (June 27 - July 3)
  • Tom Cotter (July 4 - July 10)
  • Landau Eugene Murphy Jr. (July 11 - 17)
  • Derek Hughes (July 18 - July 24)
  • Vicki Barbolak (July 25 - July 31)
  • The Passing Zone (August 1 - August 7)
  • Light Balance (August 8 - August 14)

Concerts:​

• Air Supply (June 18 at 7pm)
  • Guns N' Roses & Bon Jovi Tribute Bands (July 2 at 7pm)
  • Ashanti (July 9 at 7pm)
  • FOR KING + COUNTRY (July 23 at 7pm)
  • Maddie & Tae (August 6 at 7pm)
  • ASIA Featuring John Payne (August 13 at 7pm)
  • To be announced...
  • To be announced...
  • To be announced...

Official Website:​

Last edited by a moderator:
So I wonder what the "Summer Treats and Specialty Drinks" will be? I sure hope this does not mean more food booth type of dining and not opening places like Marco Polos. Glad to see Summer concerts are back but with the lack of staffing issue it will be interesting to see how they pull this off and staff the park with a massive influx of guests on concert saturdays.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mwe BGW
Yea, I don’t know who any of those people are because I don’t watch much television but it would be nice to have a different interesting act to see each week. Hopefully it’s not a struggle to get into the theater and they don’t block off too many seats. As far as the concerts can’t wait to see who the other 3 acts are.

Reactions: Mwe BGW
I am disappointed that free beer samples are missing from the WIlliamsburg version of the event...

I feel like BGT is always giving out free beer to members. I was there a years or so
ago and saw a ton of people drinking outside the pretzel
place and it looked good so I went in to get one and found out they were free! And they weren’t the little cups like BGW uses either.

Reactions: tursiops
I am disappointed that free beer samples are missing from the WIlliamsburg version of the event...

Probably because this ends right as BGW starts up Bierfest, but who knows why.

As far as the event goes, hopefully the rebrand comes with a new approach. I like how it seems less like a park-wide party. I also LOVE some of the entertainment they are managing to bring in. Landau and Asia are standouts for sure at least for me.

Reactions: tursiops
I am really happy to see Passing Zone returning they were one of my favorite acts the last time through a I really am looking forward to seeing them again. They are such a mix of different talents the description doesn't do them justice.

Needless to say, I'm VERY excited for the return of Light Balance. I honestly think they are one of the coolest things I've ever seen at BGW and I'll be planning trips around their performances.

Also, I converted this over to a wiki thread and will be adding more info and links to the first post. Anyone should feel free to do the same if you there's some additional, useful information you think is worth including.

Needless to say, I'm VERY excited for the return of Light Balance. I honestly think they are one of the coolest things I've ever seen at BGW and I'll be planning trips around their performances.

Also, I converted this over to a wiki thread and will be adding more info and links to the first post. Anyone should feel free to do the same if you there's some additional, useful information you think is worth including.
Why must Light Balance be while I am not here? I absolutely love Light Balance! I’d love to see a full like 30-45 minute light balance show- would be amazing in my opinion.

Reactions: Zachary
As for the free beer....Virginia Alcoholic Beverage Control Board (ABC) governs how, when and how much beer could be given away. Back in the early days of the Hospitality House and even in Rhinefeld the size of the cup was even regulated by the ABC. They were responsible for the 2 beer limit, too. Haven't been to BGT in decades but it used to be there was no limit to how many beers you could have. Of course AB owned them and there was basically no cost involved.

As for the free beer....Virginia Alcoholic Beverage Control Board (ABC) governs how, when and how much beer could be given away. Back in the early days of the Hospitality House and even in Rhinefeld the size of the cup was even regulated by the ABC. They were responsible for the 2 beer limit, too. Haven't been to BGT in decades but it used to be there was no limit to how many beers you could have. Of course AB owned them and there was basically no cost involved.
Perhaps Virginia ABC won't let them do it for the Summer Celebration since are doing free beer in August...

AUGUST​

1 Free Bier Fest Sample or Fountain Soda per Visit
Enjoy a refreshing beverage on the house.

AUGUST 1 - 31​

1 FREE 10 oz. Draft Beer Per Visit
Enjoy a splash of suds on the house.
Must be 21 years of age. ID and Membership required.

Reactions: Zachary
Perhaps Virginia ABC won't let them do it for the Summer Celebration since are doing free beer in August...

AUGUST​

1 Free Bier Fest Sample or Fountain Soda per Visit
Enjoy a refreshing beverage on the house.

AUGUST 1 - 31​

1 FREE 10 oz. Draft Beer Per Visit
Enjoy a splash of suds on the house.
Must be 21 years of age. ID and Membership required.
Or one free soda....thats new.

It's been a while since I had my ABC classes and license but I doubt that is the reason. Based on my recollection 10 - 15 years ago it was a certain amount per each month so August wouldn't effect July and so on.

It's been a while since I had my ABC classes and license but I doubt that is the reason. Based on my recollection 10 - 15 years ago it was a certain amount per each month so August wouldn't effect July and so on.
On a tangentially related note, we were down in the Arrington area last summer for a music festival, and stopped at Devil's Backbone Brewpub in Roseland, VA. We had first encountered their Vienna Lager at the F&W Fest years ago, and had always wanted to check the place out. I'm a big fan of their smashes, which are sometimes hard to come by here in NJ, as they sell out quickly.

We were talking to one of the bartenders there and learned that the canned smashes we get up here in NJ are 10%ABV, but the state of Virginia can't sell them - the beverages available at the brewpub were 7.5% ABV. I found that really interesting.

Reactions: Murphy
On a tangentially related note, we were down in the Arrington area last summer for a music festival, and stopped at Devil's Backbone Brewpub in Roseland, VA. We had first encountered their Vienna Lager at the F&W Fest years ago, and had always wanted to check the place out. I'm a big fan of their smashes, which are sometimes hard to come by here in NJ, as they sell out quickly.

We were talking to one of the bartenders there and learned that the canned smashes we get up here in NJ are 10%ABV, but the state of Virginia can't sell them - the beverages available at the brewpub were 7.5% ABV. I found that really interesting.

Odd - as far as I knew it's more a limitation on packaging because after a certain ABV the alcohol winds up eating through the plastic can liners.

Of course, you may want to know that Devil's Backbone is an Ab-InBev owned company so it's likely part of the reason could be someone in corporate who makes the call for where they sell certain items.

And in an even more related note of Devils Backbone some of its products are brewed right next door to the park at Anhieser Busch and I want to say they even bought them in around 2016.

Reactions: dawno and Jonesta6
Odd - as far as I knew it's more a limitation on packaging because after a certain ABV the alcohol winds up eating through the plastic can liners.

Of course, you may want to know that Devil's Backbone is an Ab-InBev owned company so it's likely part of the reason could be someone in corporate who makes the call for where they sell certain items.
I can't recall if the bartender gave us an actual reason for it, I just know that he said the law in VA is different, and we get the 10%ers up here.

Devil's Backbone recently released a Grape Smash - I'm sure it's sickly sweet, but I really want to try it as I love grape. I've asked my local store if they can get it, but it's apparently not available in NJ, at least not yet.

Status
The first entry in this thread is a WikiPost. As such, it can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad