Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Here's some pictures of the Starfright Orchestra.  I liked their show.  It's a good way just to sit down for a while and relax to a family show.  The musicians are good and the songs are good.  I was surprised however when they did the song Lucretia MacEvil by Blood, Sweat & Tears as it's an old ('70), but good song.  I could have done without the audience member they picked and brought up on stage to sing the words Love Potion #9 during that song but I kind of understand why they did it.

Attachments

• IMG_3131a.JPG
    IMG_3131a.JPG
    978.6 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_3135a.JPG
    IMG_3135a.JPG
    1,018.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_3138a.JPG
    IMG_3138a.JPG
    942.1 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_3133a.JPG
    IMG_3133a.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_3142a.JPG
    IMG_3142a.JPG
    975.9 KB · Views: 57
The show was pretty good with a wonderful orchestra and a nice little break from the rides. Sure the show itself is kind of outdated, but I applaud the park for attempting to bring an old show back from the dead.

Reactions: jornor
We saw it two weeks ago and it's great as always this year!  It really seems to move along with several medleys/attacca -- and no calling anyone on stage to chime in with "Love Potion #9" (for those who didn't like that **ETA: Poster David2015 let me know that normally this is still part of the show, it just wasn't for this performance due to inclement weather) -- and the musicians are really skilled.  Vocalists were on point as well, but the musicianship of the band really stood out.

The band consists of previous park show performers from the last few years, instead of the local outside band used last year. (Trivia game: Can you pick the performers and shows?) The four singers are what the original show had and it helps this show quite a bit. I wished they would have let it perform more, and longer, for the season. We only got to see it once with the limited showings. They all do a fabulous job. A sleeper hit for us and good nostalgia.

Oh, that's interesting, David2015, sorry I gave out incomplete info. I actually like ALL the audience participation parts of the show -- but in this thread you can see comments where others don't, which is why I mentioned it.

Here's some pics of this years show.  I like this show.  I thought some of the musicians this year were better than last year especially the guitar player and a couple of the horn players they spotlighted.  Also having the four vocalists worked out good vice last years two.  The guy they picked from the audience for "Love Potion Number 9" caught them by surprise as he had a good voice.

Attachments

• IMG_4169a.JPG
    IMG_4169a.JPG
    961.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4170a.JPG
    IMG_4170a.JPG
    1,002 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4172a.JPG
    IMG_4172a.JPG
    954.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4177a.JPG
    IMG_4177a.JPG