Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
sereniv said:
i don’t want to upset anyone, but i asked about the ride and the attendant told me they are cycling it because they are required to, not because people can get on. she also said that the only people allowed on were maintinence and that the sign’s lights came on because they come on with all of the other lights in killarney

sorry for any errors im on mobile typing this

The park has a history of lying about this. For both Tempesto and Invadr the staff said (in the case of Tempesto minutes) before they soft opened they they were absolutely NOT going to open. You can not, under any circumstances believe what they have to say about soft open.

Reactions: jornor and Flyer
Michael F said:
Where? How did I miss it?

it was the place where they usually have the Virginia stand during the food and wine festival. I don’t know what it’s called...it’s right under the archway

Zimmy said:
sereniv said:
i don’t want to upset anyone, but i asked about the ride and the attendant told me they are cycling it because they are required to, not because people can get on. she also said that the only people allowed on were maintinence and that the sign’s lights came on because they come on with all of the other lights in killarney

sorry for any errors im on mobile typing this

The park has a history of lying about this. For both Tempesto and Invadr the staff said (in the case of Tempesto minutes) before they soft opened they they were absolutely NOT going to open. You can not, under any circumstances believe what they have to say about soft open.

sorry, she seemed like a trustworthy person. I asked if she wasn’t allowed to tell, she didn’t have to say anything.

also, sorry for the double post

Reactions: jornor and Flyer
Also, we had zero problems getting in through the employee lot around 1015 with a Premier pass. Also I had to get a new print out of my pass (because I am an idiot) after going through that horrid line I was able to get it printed on a hard card. So they are definitely printing hard cards today, if you are willing to stand in the line.

Reactions: jornor
I really was.

My absolute favorite preview day was a handful of years ago when the park scheduled a variety of presentations by park leadership. Basically each major guest-facing VP had their own 20 minute presentation sometime during the day.

This format was splendid because, instead of sitting through a big one and a half hour extravaganza, guests could just drop in to hear about the parts of the park they are especially in to.

This format also gave enough time for the VPs to talk about a lot of the smaller things their departments have done over the off-season. For instance, imagine everything Franz would have to talk about this season—O Tators, Pint Club, the fifth iteration of that god-forseken restaurant next to Roman Rapids, donuts, etc. None of these things justify their own announcement, but they come together to paint a really vivid picture of what the department is working on and investing in right now.

Lastly, and probably more importantly, allowing the people who work on these projects the opportunity to face their customers is a huge deal. One of the main criticisms I have seen echoed most in the BGW fanbase over the last few years (note: not taking BGWFans/ParkFans, but the larger fanbase) is that BGW management doesn't care anymore.

This popular claim is false. That said, the only reason I can say that with such confidence is because I see how the sausage is made. The park needs to provide that to more of its fans (especially those not members here).

jornor said:
Was anyone else bummed there was no announcements and such like in previous years with the Park President? Even the small updates and stuff, we always looked forward to that.

I was but I am also wondering if we might be going back to the format of end of the year announcements that the park had used at one point.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad