Site Updates & Changes

Login or Register to Hide This Ad

lce

in the end i just want you to be happy
Silver Donor
Jan 5, 2018
Frederick, MD
What is this I am experiencing when I attempt to click on my sentence to edit a character, say a typoor something, but for some reason everywhere I click it just highlights a single character instead of my blinky cursor thingy, and makes it impossible to edit a sentence?

Like I cant fix that typo between typo and or without having to retype my entire sentence

mtorange

Grand Carnivale, Haunt, and WinterFest Aficionado
Jul 26, 2014
Is there a way for ParkFans to adopt a reaction system similar to Facebook? I find myself wanting to react with a laugh emote moreso than just a “like” sometimes.

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
Being able to add an "annoyed face" emoji would likely only start a new set of problems in my opinion.
This concern is exactly why I have argued against adding a variety of emoji in the past. I see it as Negative Rep all over again. That said, I am always open to being convinced, and I think other Admins disagree with me.

lce

in the end i just want you to be happy
Silver Donor
Jan 5, 2018
Frederick, MD
Little thing I noticed that I doubt is intentional.

When you are in a category or heading or whatever you call it looking at the list of threads, and click the filter button, that white title bar carries over on top of the filter menu blocking some of it out.

Let me know if this is a me problem.

Edit: Realize I put this in the wrong thread. Don't judge

Merboy

Resident Sea Monster
Oct 25, 2009
Raleigh, NC
www.thelanternlight.com
Not sure if this is the right forum but is there something I need to do to get a silver donor thingy? I did the sponsorship thing about two weeks ago I think. Just curious. Will there be any other tiers of sponsorship?

Reactions: Nicole

Zachary

𝓡oyal 𝓜ango 𝓒réme Frappuccino Survivor
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Newport News, VA
twitter.com
First off, thanks for the contribution! It is much appreciated!

It looks like you purchased the year-long ad removal option vs the silver donor option. I've included an image of the account upgrades page below since I think it changes after you upgrade using one of the options.

If you meant to/would rather donate at the silver donor tier, PM me and I can refund the ad removal purchase, downgrade your account, and then you should be able to upgrade to the silver level.

As for other tiers, we don't know yet. When we had a similar system a few years ago we had $1, $2, and $3 per month options. We later removed the $1 per month tier because PayPal took so much out of it in fees that it basically didn't make any sense to have it. This time around we removed the $2 level because the overwhelming majority of donations previously were at the $3 per month level. If I remember correctly, only one person ever used the $2 option in fact and it was only for a brief period of time.

Since we saw little demand for levels below $3, it didn't seem worth the extra development and maintenance time and effort to continue offering them. That said, we still wanted to give people who hate ads a way to get rid of them for an amount closer to what we would make off of their pageviews. Hence, the $6 ad removal for a year option was born.

Zimmy

Nessie wants you to look into yourself
Silver Donor
Sep 28, 2013
Virginia Beach
as someone who does report spam, I was wondering if there were a better way. I always report each incident but sometimes there are dozens. Could we have a spam button next to the report that skips the info and timeout? I guess on the admin side it would also then single them out. It just seems like this could be useful, and probably unobtrusive. (I know Zachary does not clutter)

Gavin

Who, me?
Administrator
Sep 27, 2009
Spotsylvania, Virginia
All users can now freely change their user name under Account Details.

username.png

A few things to note:
  • All user name changes are logged and viewable by the Admins
  • User name chages show up in Latest Activity
  • If you are following another user and they change their username you'll receive an alert telling you so

Login or Register to Hide This Ad