Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
RE: Marco Polo's Marketplace Coming in 2016

PrincessArlenasDad said:
When will it open?

heh_robin_hood_men_in_tights.gif

The Hessian said:
Or in March at least if not by opening day
BGW's park map is up now confirmed Marco Polo's Marketplace on a side not it looks as if they redid alpie on the map and it actually looks realistic

I don't mind the paint so much in that particular section until it leaks into the area around the Gelato stand. It reminds me to much of their BGW and BGT water park color-combos. Also, I will really miss the graffiti.

I don't think it was the worst thing they could have done, I would have drawn different boundaries. It is intended to highlight the new restaurant's theme, but it should be more confined in my opinion. Some places in real life look discombobulated, but this ruins the authenticity appeal to me.

I still don't know what they plan to do with the area around Il Teatro. I hope they will continue to embrace the Roman ruins styles of old in the rest of the hamlet.

CastleOSullivan said:
Also, I will really miss the graffiti.

For what it is worth, the buildings in that picture didn't have any graffiti on them, they were all solid colors. The buildings with graffiti are Il Teatro, and perhaps a little in other consolidated areas. (but I'm pretty sure Il Teatro was mainly the only one with a lot of graffiti)

I'll have to judge the colors a little more in person, but I don't really see a problem with them, except for maybe the bright yellow. It looks like from these pictures, that the colors really help the architecture stand out, and I think that is important, but I'll still have to judge it a little more in person.

Also, perhaps this would be a better discussion in the San Marco thread?

Reactions: Peter R.
RE: Marco Polo's Marketplace & San Marco Changes

Matthew said:
Also, perhaps this would be a better discussion in the San Marco thread?

There wasn't actually a strictly proper thread for San Marco Renovation thoughts to be posted in previously so I just renamed this thread to fix that. That said, next time, the report button is probably the right way to address things like this if you believe there to be an issue.

I got angry for a second, then remembered the places in Italy I've been to recently, and honestly, this isn't out of the ordinary. The green and the navy are the only colors that I take issue with, but it's all good - not everything has to look as good as Aquitaine's facelift.

I'm not too fond of the colors either, unfortunately. I understand that real buildings in Italy do have bright colors, but I think the rainbow pallet will make the little area look cartoony. Given the intentionally cracked walls and exposed bricks, I have always thought San Marco's village was supposed to look old and worn. Maybe I just hate change, but for now, those colors just don't fit for me.

Fresh paint with brick exposed in a way to make walls look old or degraded looks strange to me. I think they should have used flatter paint colors or covered the exposed brick.

Joe said:
I'm not too fond of the colors either, unfortunately. I understand that real buildings in Italy do have bright colors, but I think the rainbow pallet will make the little area look cartoony. Given the intentionally cracked walls and exposed bricks, I have always thought San Marco's village was supposed to look old and worn.  Maybe I just hate change, but for now, those colors just don't fit for me.

This 100%.

I hope it fades. I hope it *at least* fades. That part of the park was always so beautiful to me, especially at night with the lights and the way the hill dipped and curved just slightly. Now it looks like a cartoon. I guess we're continuing on the path of leaving the immersive old country Europe experience behind... pity.

A description for Marco Polo's Marketplace has been released on the site.
Busch Gardens Williamsburg said:
NEW - Marco Polo's Marketplace
Become an explorer of cuisine at Marco Polo’s Marketplace. Traditional Italian fare, Asian and Mediterranean food converge in this market-style restaurant in the heart of the park’s Italy village.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad