Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
RE: Rumor: Busch Parks to Be Sold Off?

JewlzX2 said:
You never know.. The Koch's might buy it. That's a thought.
That's IF it's up for sale.

The Koch's have had their own (family) problems, doubt they would be buying anything.

Reactions: Peter R.
RE: Rumor: Busch Parks to Be Sold Off?

^ This. They may have claimed it was issues with the Kentucky State Fair Board that prevented them from taking over Kentucky Kingdom, which I don't doubt, but I think the family feud had a whole lot to do with that too. I also think that is the reason we have not seen Holiday World's rumors steel coaster yet.

Things are getting really really interesting on the sales front though. Stay tuned.

Reactions: Alf33 and Julia
photoginit said:
JewlzX2 said:
You never know.. The Koch's might buy it. That's a thought.
That's IF it's up for sale.

The Koch's have had their own (family) problems, doubt they would be buying anything.

Even if the Kochs didn't have any family problems they still wouldn't be able to afford the park.

Reactions: Shane
Unagi said:
...they still wouldn't be able to afford the park.
Actually, it's parks, not "park." Keep in mind they most likely wouldn't be buying a single park; they would have the two Busch Gardens parks, and likely the two waterparks, as part of the "package," as well. So your supporting argument is even truer, they certainly couldn't afford two to four parks if one is an issue on its own! :cool:

I don't claim to know the first thing about any of this but...

Atlantis said:
It sounds as if BGW being sold off A La Carte is a much more likely scenario. Actually, that is how I am hearing it will happen. To who? Well the list is getting interesting of possibilities.

Zachary said:
I don't claim to know the first thing about any of this but...

Atlantis said:
It sounds as if BGW being sold off A La Carte is a much more likely scenario. Actually, that is how I am hearing it will happen. To who? Well the list is getting interesting of possibilities.
^Um, heheh. :blush: Perhaps I should use the new "Hide Post" tool? Nah, but sorry that I didn't catch that. Now I'm crossing my fingers that doesn't happen. I can't imagine BGW all alone out there in the cold...assuming it were still to be called Busch Gardens, that is. I think I'm going crazy today... :p

b.mac said:
Taking money on MACK.
*shudders* Never been to a MACK-run park, but the thought of a ride manufacturer purchasing and using our park essentially to promote their rides (I know that's a bit extreme, but, to an extent, that is what they do...) worries me. Imagine all the grumbling we'd be doing!

EDIT: Combined my later post with my original post so as not to double-post.

I don't think Disney would want to buy BGW because I think Disney is more known to build parks from ground up. If they bought BG they would probably re-theme the rides to Disney stuff. Also I think Disney would want more land to expand then what BGW has to offer.

Reactions: Mushroom
Apollogeist said:
I don't think Disney would want to buy BGW because I think Disney is more known to build parks from ground up. If they bought BG they would probably re-theme the rides to Disney stuff. Also I think Disney would want more land to expand then what BGW has to offer.

On the other hand, Disney has previously wanted to get into the market up in that area and hasn't been able to with a new project of their own.

I think they would still rather start nothing and build there own park then buy one and have to change everything and be limited in expansion and noise because of neighborhoods close by.

^^^ This is true. VERY true. If anyone remembers, Disney had plans laid out to have a park in Northern Virginia, but the locals axed the idea by litigating Disney to death. Eventually it became a Six Flags project.

Apollogeist said:
I think they would still rather start nothing and build there own park then buy one and have to change everything and be limited in expansion and noise because of neighborhoods close by.

I agree that BGW may not be the best case scenario for Disney, but I wouldn't throw them out as a possible purchaser.

Six Flags America was a smaller stand alone park before six flags bought the park. Disney had no influence on that park at all.

What I was trying to say was that Disney abandoned the idea of a park up there, so Six Flags swooped in & made one happen. I wasn't talking about the *ACTUAL* land Disney was going to purchase to build a park.

Here's an idea... Disney buys BGW and turns it into a Star Wars theme! Just change plain European countries into fun star wars worlds!

Totally kidding! I do still think Disney is an option though.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad