Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
RE: Rumor: Busch Parks to Be Sold Off?

Ben said:
why would Cedar fair buy BGW when they have their own park 90 minutes away?

Why did they buy Six Flags Ohio when they had Cedar Point 2 hours away?

Ben said:
why would Cedar fair buy BGW when they have their own park 90 minutes away?
ENA4X4fSGloIusuzFabX3X1Vqan4Kr6JBA_4fEVxyv08D2-PPx2ZXVLCJk8YAPuZiQ=w705
:cool:

I don't buy the whole "Busch Gardens never made money under AB ownership" argument at all. Everyone knows how much fun Kings Dominion used to be years ago & they weren't owned by a huge multi-national corporation that subsidized any of their losses.

Reactions: Julia and Mushroom

You never know.. The Koch's might buy it. That's a thought.
That's IF it's up for sale.

At least if cedar fair bought it they would advertise it more. :p

Reactions: Planeteer

IndyRacingNut said:
I don't buy the whole "Busch Gardens never made money under AB ownership" argument at all. Everyone knows how much fun Kings Dominion used to be years ago & they weren't owned by a huge multi-national corporation that subsidized any of their losses.

There is no argument of them not making money under AB, whatever money they did make went right back into the parks. What you're thinking of is that InBev has the same interests as AB does, which they don't. There's a damn good reason why InBev wanted to get rid of the parks like they were a plague within 2 years of buying AB.

I can tell you Cedar Fair and Six Flags would NOT be in the market for Busch Gardens and AB/In-Bev would NOT buy the parks either considering they just sold them. Lets keep this discussion serious please.

Reactions: b.mac and Mushroom

I disagree. It is not uncommon for companies to re-purchase assets they had previously sold off. Not at all. I doubt any other brewers such as Miller-Coors would jump at the chance to do it. If Blackstone is/might be willing to sell at the very least, the BG parks, AB/InBev would be in the catbird seat to repurchase them probably at the same price or maybe even less than what they sold them for.

If many of you did your homework, you'd know that Blackstone primarily invests in Real Estate and financial sector companies....NOT in Amusement parks. Busch Gardens/SeaWorld was a gamble for them at best and according to the rest of their financials, they haven't invested in anything similar to BG since they bought them.

And if I may throw out there the old adage, "Everything's for sale....given the right price." So if BG is losing money, then they WILL cut their losses and sell at a discount. InBev has more to gain by repurchasing the parks than Blackstone does by not selling.

Reactions: Julia and Planeteer

I for one and excited about Disney's America finally coming. :p

b.mac said:
What you're thinking of is that InBev has the same interests as AB does, which they don't. There's a damn good reason why InBev wanted to get rid of the parks like they were a plague within 2 years of buying AB.

I hate to be the skeptical one here, but I personally think this topic smells a bit like baloney...or fish...or whatever metaphorical noun you want to describe that this rumor may be lacking in truth.

J0E1 said:
J0E1 said:
J0E1 said:
this rumor...
this rumor...
this rumor...
It's just a rumor! :dodgy:

Reactions: Julia

b.mac said:
b.mac said:
What you're thinking of is that InBev has the same interests as AB does, which they don't. There's a damn good reason why InBev wanted to get rid of the parks like they were a plague within 2 years of buying AB.

Chill, Beavis....I'm just citing AB/InBev as the most likely buyer should/if the parks go up for sale & I'm citing financial benefits to them if they choose to do so. Relax man.....Gooooosefraaaaaaba......

Reactions: Julia and Planeteer

IndyRacingNut said:
If many of you did your homework, you'd know that Blackstone primarily invests in Real Estate and financial sector companies....NOT in Amusement parks. Busch Gardens/SeaWorld was a gamble for them at best and according to the rest of their financials, they haven't invested in anything similar to BG since they bought them.

You need to check your homework again, Blackstone owned half of the Universal Resorts until Comcast bought out NBC, and they invested in a sizable chunk of Universal's additions.

And if I may throw out there the old adage, "Everything's for sale....given the right price." So if BG is losing money, then they WILL cut their losses and sell at a discount. InBev has more to gain by repurchasing the parks than Blackstone does by not selling.

You again missed that Inbev showed no interest in possessing the parks when they immediately put them up for sale, they just pocketed the park's profits and left it for Blackstone. Saying that "they're in the catbird seat" is totally baseless when that company's only interest is selling beer. There's nothing to cite, there's nothing to support InBev even being interested in repurchasing the Busch Parks.

^^
Which is why Blackstone sold off their interest in Universal.

Why the animosity towards me suggesting that InBev might just do a 180 & repurchase an asset they once had? It's nothing personal, bro. You just seem to be getting kind of hostile in a forum kind of way.

But just for shits & giggles, what exactly is the "good damn reason" you cited for InBev's sale of the parks being a plague to them?

I think they didn't want anything to do with parks because the parks didn't make any money.

IndyRacingNut said:
It's nothing personal, bro. You just seem to be getting kind of hostile in a forum kind of way.

I'm not being hostile, I don't know where you're getting that from.

Which is why Blackstone sold off their interest in Universal.

Blackstone sold it because they gave Comcast an ultimatum over the parks, either Comcast buys the parks from them or they get the parks to themselves.

Why the animosity towards me suggesting that InBev might just do a 180 & repurchase an asset they once had?

But just for shits & giggles, what exactly is the "good damn reason" you cited for InBev's sale of the parks being a plague to them?

Because InBev didn't see the parks as an asset, the only thing they wanted was the AB name. The second they were informed that they also bought BGW and BGT they put both parks up for sale because neither of the parks fit into their plans for selling beer.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad