Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Finally rode this today for the first time in 7 years. I’m pretty sure there was always a music track which I could never identify that played around the observation point of the rapids. After riding and discovering that the music plays in other areas of the ride, does Roman Rapids have its own ride soundtrack like Pompeii? I noticed this time that parts of the music were turbulent and intense like the rapids.

I remember the waterfalls returning in a slightly different functionality for a brief period. Not as good as they originally were.

Sucks they are gone altogether. Was the only real "wet" part. At least now it can theoretically be ridden without getting soaked. Or did they put something else at the end that gets you drenched?

Reactions: Mwe BGW
Do they normally turn off the waterfalls on cooler days like today? Really hoping they come back once it gets really hot.

Amazing that they had 4 years, including a “major” refurbishment, and still didn’t manage to fix the waterfalls.

I remember the waterfalls returning in a slightly different functionality for a brief period. Not as good as they originally were.

Sucks they are gone altogether. Was the only real "wet" part. At least now it can theoretically be ridden without getting soaked. Or did they put something else at the end that gets you drenched?
They didn't cycle them off in cooler weather originally but if memory serves me correct in the 2019 year which was the only year it has run since the refurbished the waterfalls they started turning them off in cooler weather days. In fact I seem to recall a team member telling me that it was a function built in during the refurb that made it easier to switch back and forth. I don't think we have enough knowledge yet to know if they are gone for good right now or just off.

When is this thing gonna open for the season? Maybe memorial day weekend again?
probably a few weeks before but still close to memorial day. That was the trend the last few years before Covid and it's other issues

Reactions: Le Moose
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad