Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I was told the reason it didn't open in 2021 was that they were looking at it because of the similarities to the ride that had a fatal accident this summer. If that is true then who knows what the future may hold for it.

The accident happened on July 3rd.

I have a hard time believing that they had any plans opening the ride after the Independence Day weekend and just didn't because of the accident.

There is also dozens of these rides all over the world and it doesn't look like Intamin had any concerns that would have caused any of the other ones to shut down.

It's a somewhat legit excuse from what I can tell - maybe they didn't have the staffing necessary before the accident or similar operational concern, and the aftermath of the accident scuttled any further plans to open last summer while conveniently giving them a good excuse.

Given the incredibly detailed look at all the ways guests can get injured or die on KD's raft ride (I know, different layout and whatnot, same ride concept otherwise), they need a lot of staff to safely operate this ride and even then there's a bunch of chances for things to go wrong.

Last edited:
I was told the reason it didn't open in 2021 was that they were looking at it because of the similarities to the ride that had a fatal accident this summer. If that is true then who knows what the future may hold for it.
I know I'm late to this, but from what I know this isn't true. The park simply never had enough staffing and given RR's short operating span, it wasn't deemed high enough priority to reduce staffing elsewhere. It's that simple. I would expect it to reopen again. It's not in the same category as BfE.

I know I'm late to this, but from what I know this isn't true. The park simply never had enough staffing and given RR's short operating span, it wasn't deemed high enough priority to reduce staffing elsewhere. It's that simple. I would expect it to reopen again. It's not in the same category as BfE.
That’s good to know. I’ve also heard that they’re still waiting on the new rafts if those haven’t come in yet? Idk if it’s true but that’s just what I heard.

Reactions: Mwe BGW
If I remember correctly, this ride and EfP both got looked over by Intamin during a series of site visits before/during Pantheon's construction. The park wouldn't be sinking any money into new rafts if they planned on gutting it.

I hope they redo the fountains on the back half of the ride, instead of the little sprays bring back the drenching downpours.

If I remember correctly, this ride and EfP both got looked over by Intamin during a series of site visits before/during Pantheon's construction. The park wouldn't be sinking any money into new rafts if they planned on gutting it.

I hope they redo the fountains on the back half of the ride, instead of the little sprays bring back the drenching downpours.
Unless of course they were considering building a new ride that would use those rafts. No evidence of that but I can dream right?

you havent ridden roman rapids until youve gotten out of the rapids and back in your boat before load, best water ride in the park but i would reccomend a bathing suit as you will get SOAKED 😆😅😂🤣 (crazy things true parkfans do)

Ace's Dive event has a Roman Rapids meet up listed on the schedule. I askance they are under the impression that it will be open next week. I don't know if that impression is based on a conversation with the park or not I mean they were under the impression that the Pantheon sneak peak two years ago would include a Pantheon so who knows. Not that I still hold a grudge or anything.

• Haha
Reactions: Zachary and Mwe BGW
Ace's Dive event has a Roman Rapids meet up listed on the schedule. I askance they are under the impression that it will be open next week. I don't know if that impression is based on a conversation with the park or not I mean they were under the impression that the Pantheon sneak peak two years ago would include a Pantheon so who knows. Not that I still hold a grudge or anything.
It might depend on whether @Zachary shows up 😂

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad