Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
If I can I wanna get a pic of Finnegan’s Flyer’s control panel
Found this on the BGW blog. Can anyone tell me what logo is on that HMI? I don't recognize that logo.
finnegans-flyer-march-construction-update-6.ashx

Last edited:
Reactions: VikingvadR
I know S&S does their own ride programming but that HMI panel is not something I've seen on their previous projects. Everything else is Allen Bradley but I've never seen that kind of HMI before.

Anyone able to get a pic of FF's installed panel yet? Would really like to see the HMI screen design.

Reactions: Mwe BGW
Any idea what Intamin's more recent American panels look like? Wondering when we will see Pantheons.

I don't know if this belongs here or has already been answered elsewhere, but I was curious:

Are most rides built with some kind of emergency/maintenance control panel that can run independent of the main control booth ride ops use?

I remember seeing a show on the giant observation wheel in an Asian country (I think Singapore but not 100%) that included a section about how they used to have an emergency set of controls but they ultimately required the same power source as the main so when there was a fire on the power source none of the controls worked.

I'd figure for small flats and kiddie rides a secondary panel may be overkill, but for larger rides and coasters having an independent second control panel may make sense.

I don't know if this belongs here or has already been answered elsewhere, but I was curious:

Are most rides built with some kind of emergency/maintenance control panel that can run independent of the main control booth ride ops use?

I remember seeing a show on the giant observation wheel in an Asian country (I think Singapore but not 100%) that included a section about how they used to have an emergency set of controls but they ultimately required the same power source as the main so when there was a fire on the power source none of the controls worked.

I'd figure for small flats and kiddie rides a secondary panel may be overkill, but for larger rides and coasters having an independent second control panel may make sense.

In my experience, no, I have not seen this, however, a lot of rides have backup generators and all the rides I have worked on had backup equipment for use in ride evacuations. Most of these are not electrical, but mechanical devices. Mach has manual drop (I believe both from the main control panel and manually by climbing the tower if power is lost), coasters have special wrenches (or in VB's case, 24v batteries) for harness release, Skyride has a VW engine in England for slowly rotating the cable backwards if the main drive fails, and Flume has a pool ladder. Otherwise, these are the only provisions for "emergency" situations. Obviously, extraordinary circumstances may include using fall protective equipment to remove people from rides if the train does stops in a spot without a catwalk, but these are very rare. I could understand having a backup panel on equipment like the "London Eye," but a backup generator or engine would provide the same, if not better, redundancy. Keep in mind that just having an extra panel would not do much if it still ran off the same PLC and power feed as the main system.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad