Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
For reference: Dinkelsbühl:
15 Best Things to Do in Dinkelsbühl (Germany) - The Crazy Tourist

... and Rothenburg:
20 Best Things to do in Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Germany - life of brit

I will note, though, that when you google them you get a lot of photos that have had the color saturation artificially boosted, like the one below. Maybe that was the inspiration.
Rothenburg, Germany. Medieval town of Rothenburg ob der Tauber at night  Stock Photo - Alamy

I wonder if that PS in the comment area is related to the work on the old candy shop.

Reactions: Mwe BGW
For reference: Dinkelsbühl:
15 Best Things to Do in Dinkelsbühl (Germany) - The Crazy Tourist

... and Rothenburg:
20 Best Things to do in Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Germany - life of brit

I will note, though, that when you google them you get a lot of photos that have had the color saturation artificially boosted, like the one below. Maybe that was the inspiration.
Rothenburg, Germany. Medieval town of Rothenburg ob der Tauber at night  Stock Photo - Alamy
I mean, it is a theme park - hard not to expect cartoony architectural interpretations even if the park was once known for being realistic.

I will say that given my reputation, I have no inside knowledge on this, but it does line up rather well with other rumors that have been doing the rounds. I give it a solid 37% chance

I'd argue that Killarney looks like a box of Lucky Charms.

To be fair, even Killarney had a far more subtle, darker color scheme when it opened. It was repainted to its current pastel color scheme with the addition of Europe in the Air and Celtic Fyre in 2010.

Coupling that with Oktoberfest’s rainbow color scheme in 2011, maybe this whole process of repainting hamlets to look like cartoons has been around longer than we thought?

The wall around the new ramp has been removed as have the heavy duty locks and warning signs on the doors I am guessing that the asbestos removal part of the project may be done.

Attachments

• 20220422_155435.jpg
    20220422_155435.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 64
Last edited:
From a BGW email today...

ADDING EVEN MORE BEAUTY TO THE PARK​
While you’re here, be sure to check out the enhancements that are making our already-beautiful park even more breathtaking! That includes a colorful repainting of Rhinefeld, inspired by picturesque old towns in southern Germany such as Rothenburg and Dinkelsbühl.​

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Mwe BGW
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad