Some of the track and supports appear to be galvanized rather than being painted. I'm sure this is far from the first use of galvanized steel in constantly wet applications, but it's an interesting note.
keep in mind; that "spring" runs until June 21st. I could see a soft opening around that timeframe. But agree that it won't be open before summer vacation begins (around Memorial Day).This sure doesn't seem like a spring opening anymore.
To everyone that says this is a prototype, have you forgotten about Mission Bermudes at Futuroscope? That's the first rocking boat
I"ve only seen a turntable delivered, which I assume is to transfer cars into the maintenance bay.Doesn't this one have a lot of new tricks vs Futuroscope's? I think it's probably still fair to call it a prototype.
I thought about that so deeply as I wrote my post, but seeing the amount of work going back to last year at least there is a known effort to get this done. That and the fact my first time to Dollywood was last year so I don’t have a biased view of them. You are very correct though that this should be interesting to watch.Going to enjoy seeing everyone that trashes other parks for delays go into defense mode for Dollywood when the Rocking boat gets delayed. For the record I can fully respect this particular project getting delayed but the double standard will be entertaining to see as it plays out haha
An early spring opening was never a realistic timeline for this ride. The park's misplaced optimism probably comes from not yet building a ride of this complexity and theaming.Going to enjoy seeing everyone that trashes other parks for delays go into defense mode for Dollywood when the Rocking boat gets delayed. For the record I can fully respect this particular project getting delayed but the double standard will be entertaining to see as it plays out haha
I'm not sure it's a double standard so much as fans not overreacting when delays happen only occasionally and with some explanation from the park that isn't just meaningless spin.Going to enjoy seeing everyone that trashes other parks for delays go into defense mode for Dollywood when the Rocking boat gets delayed. For the record I can fully respect this particular project getting delayed but the double standard will be entertaining to see as it plays out haha
I know from reliable sourcing that there is a decent chance at this point that the ride ends up slipping into being a 2027 opening. Nothing is known for sure and it's still hoped to be a 2026 opening but there is an interal date listed that If they can't open by they will move it. Delays on the project are astronomical right now.
It would be sad to see it pushed to 2027 however in these times not unexpected. So many moving parts that are many times outside the parks control.
You are free to believe what you want but I stand by my statement.I'm not sure it's a double standard so much as fans not overreacting when delays happen only occasionally and with some explanation from the park that isn't just meaningless spin.
A Six Flags park delaying a new ride at this point should elicit nothing but groans and eye rolls because it predictably happens every year. Herschend doesn't have the same spotty record.
Come on, that is such a vague statement that your "sourcing" could have easily just made that up by paying attention to the construction progress and assuming that Dollywood might be wary of opening the ride too late in the season. Educated guesses aren't the same as actually getting inside information.
There's nothing to stand by because that statement contains nothing of substance.You are free to believe what you want but I stand by my statement.
I bet you were one of the Ka deniers wern't you. People know things most others don't. Sources arn't allowee to be said because it can get those said sources in trouble + other reasons.There's nothing to stand by because that statement contains nothing of substance.
The Kingda Ka rumors were specific and had substance, i.e. "The ride is going to close at the end of the season." There was definitive, clear information being conveyed in those rumors that could not just be an educated guess.I bet you were one of the Ka deniers wern't you. People know things most others don't. Sources arn't allowee to be said because it can get those said sources in trouble + other reasons.
We use essential cookies to make this site work, and optional cookies to enhance your experience.