Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
That’s interesting that it overshoots the station to stop and then backs up. Does that mean it’s going further up the back spike?
 
The rumor was that there were going to be multiple, randomized cycles, right? Do we know if that has panned out?

I've seen them test cycle it with different swing profiles, so they're definitely playing around with the ride. Originally there were supposed to be four, but we probably won't know until it opens how many are actually implemented or exactly how each of them differ.
 
Can’t find an article that isn’t paywalled unfortunately, but it looks like Montezooma’s preview date has been postponed with no new date announced.

I don’t think I’ve ever been so annoyed by the constant delays of a coaster I’ve never been on and likely won’t be riding any time soon.

 
Delays happen, and as a local this one sucks, but hopefully it's only a couple weeks to fine tune things as they did have an employee ride day a couple days ago.

However, what really stuck out to me is that they spent $20 million on this thing, especially when I heard Kumbak's original bid was under $10 million. That is an obscene amount of money to overhaul a simple shuttle loop coaster, and as that likely means this is the park's "big new attraction" for the next several years, hopefully it performs well enough to justify the investment.
 
I got to attend the media day for this ride yesterday and finally check it out. Personally, I'd say the ride was a little better than before the refurb as the new launch is weaker and the restraints are more restrictive, but it's still a pretty fun coaster and turned out far better than I expected when I heard the name Kumbak attached to the project. Knott's also put a lot of effort into the theming and presentation of the attraction, making it the best themed coaster at the park except perhaps Jaguar (which pre-dates Cedar Fair's ownership).
 
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad