Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
On my last ride it didn't flip much and I crossed most of the top going forward going up and down hills while rocking a bit. It gave a great roller coaster feeling and I could see building a more normal coaster with rocking seats and no forced flipping.

Reactions: Mwe BGW
On my last ride it didn't flip much and I crossed most of the top going forward going up and down hills while rocking a bit. It gave a great roller coaster feeling and I could see building a more normal coaster with rocking seats and no forced flipping.
See:
Ride Engineers Switzerland Rollerball

Reactions: Mwe BGW
Though I'm not exactly sure when this was added.

But outside of Outpost Cafe, at the Tin Goose Bar, I'm very impressed by how the park is still adding theming - where just look how freakin' cool this looks, all the way down to the tattered appearance of the fuselage.

IMG_1794.jpg IMG_1795.jpg

As a small addition this past week - now that the park is able to make additions again during weekdays - the Tin Goose bar now has a sign -- where if only Tumbili can get its very own entrance sign someday 😉

IMG_4180.jpg

IMG_4179.jpg

And some other cool custom artwork added next to the bar -- where for any lager fans who have not tried the Tumbili lager yet, make sure to give it a try; as though not as quite as good (in my opinion) as the regular Kings Brew Lager, it is definitely a tasty brew.

IMG_4178.jpg

IMG_4181.jpg

Over on Orlando Parkstop I was reading the most recent article on Lil' Boo, who has become quite the icon for HHN Orlando, ever since this famous tweet:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Direct Link to Embedded Media Source

But what was most interesting from that article, was learning the creator of Lil' Boo to be Emory Alvarado... where upon reading the name, I knew it sounded familiar; which is because she's the artist (previously discussed on this forum) behind the fantastic illustrations for Jungle X.

So whether it's sculptures or illustrations, pretty cool in how she's slowly making a name for herself across the theme/amusement park space.

I can't take credit for this, as my son found it. And I feel this post belongs here in this thread, vs the corresponding Haunt thread; as it shows continued effort in the park staying true to the Jungle X theme.

But at the new Site X scare zone, if you look close at the excavation site, you'll notice several cans with hidden message ciphers:

IMG_4240.jpg

From two of the three cans that I took photos of, the hidden messages are decoded below. Where for the third, my son and I could not fully decipher it, as the last two characters do not seem to appear on the original language guide from May.

And even though the hidden messages themselves are really simple and lacking, and these details are something that 99% would overlook during the Haunt event... but man! I absolutely love these little attention to details by the park's creative team. (And as a personal hope, I truly hope they keep them coming through next season as well.)

IMG_4389.jpg

Hiden Message: ORANGE

IMG_4390.jpg

Hiden Message: PEANUTS

IMG_4388.jpg

Hiden Message: EMEH??

I can't take credit for this, as my son found it. And I feel this post belongs here in this thread, vs the corresponding Haunt thread; as it shows continued effort in the park staying true to the Jungle X theme.

But at the new Site X scare zone, if you look close at the excavation site, you'll notice several cans with hidden message ciphers:

View attachment 27891

From two of the three cans that I took photos of, the hidden messages are decoded below. Where for the third, my son and I could not fully decipher it, as the last two characters do not seem to appear on the original language guide from May.

And even though the hidden messages themselves are really simple and lacking, and these details are something that 99% would overlook during the Haunt event... but man! I absolutely love these little attention to details by the park's creative team. (And as a personal hope, I truly hope they keep them coming through next season as well.)

View attachment 27892

Hiden Message: ORANGE

View attachment 27893

Hiden Message: PEANUTS

View attachment 27894

Hiden Message: EMEH??
That last one is EME H2O.

Those look like the same kind of balloons BGW uses for sightline testing, but with that has KD ever been required to perform these kinds of tests?

Beyond FAA limits I don't think Hanover County has any height restrictions and it's not like there's any large residential neighborhoods next door either.

The balloon locations appear to be over top of the amphitheater area and not back towards the Volcano plot.

Therefore I'd guess this is for a fireworks display - the park trying to figure out what heights they need to achieve for optimal viewing in different park sections.

Edit:

When attempting to match the angle of the picture to Google Maps, it appears this test is more to determine a better launch location: the amphitheater parking area or the grass behind the seating area:

Screenshot_20221016-131718.png

Those look like the same kind of balloons BGW uses for sightline testing, but with that has KD ever been required to perform these kinds of tests?

Beyond FAA limits I don't think Hanover County has any height restrictions and it's not like there's any large residential neighborhoods next door either.

The balloon locations appear to be over top of the amphitheater area and not back towards the Volcano plot.

Therefore I'd guess this is for a fireworks display - the park trying to figure out what heights they need to achieve for optimal viewing in different park sections.

Edit:

When attempting to match the angle of the picture to Google Maps, it appears this test is more to determine a better launch location: the amphitheater parking area or the grass behind the seating area:

View attachment 27985
They seem to have a company party for sheehy back there today. The balloons are right in the middle of it.
Maybe just decoration?

They seem to have a company party for sheehy back there today. The balloons are right in the middle of it.
Maybe just decoration?
This exact thing has happened before and it turned out to be part of their company gathering given that it's a Sunday I would bet good money on that being the case again.

Those look like the same kind of balloons BGW uses for sightline testing,

If you zoom in on the picture, you can see that these balloons at KD are adorned with festive flags all up and down the strings holding it. BGW's test balloons never had those and the strings for them aren't visible from a distance.

PXL_20220422_143606095-scaled.jpg

Well I was proven wrong in earlier posts - but I figured the anchor lines being used weren't really indicative of anything when I made my guess.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad