Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
They sent the “riders” home at about 11:15 (with a promise of a free pass for their trouble), but they did bring media in to do interviews, etc. and it’s possible they ran the ride at some point during a window in the early afternoon.

Reactions: Alf33 and Zachary
It sounds like the earlier session (featuring mainly traditional media?) was scrapped, but the second session is still moving forward right now.
This is correct! I was in the 2nd session at 2:00 and we still went through our session with plenty of starts and stops due to weather and a more “stripped down” event.

It IS in your Title, after all! Thanks for taking one for the team.

...T-minus 1 hour till opening, then we can make a whole new thread about it in the attractions tab
Traditionally that doesn't occur till it grand opens

Reactions: Brambo
Traditionally that doesn't occur till it grand opens

We've actually taken to waiting even longer. We now try to wait until opening-related discussions die out before we open the structured thread. The justification for that is that we don't want the first 20 pages of an attraction's thread to be nothing but discussion of initial crowds, downtime, etc. Tumbili doesn't have a thread yet for this same reason.

Not sure if that was mentioned anywhere yet. Last Saturday someone slipped on the stairs at the Pantheon exit (right turn, instead of going down the ramp to the left).
He slipped down like 2 or 3 steps with his feet and then hit the corner of the steps with his back. Looked like he was in quite a bit of pain as it took him a while to get back up.
They blocked off the stairs with 2 employees afterwards.

Not sure if they implemented any long-term corrective action for this, but the steps are quite steep and don't seem to feature much in ways of slip protection.
I could see this causing more issues down the line.

Not sure if they implemented any long-term corrective action for this, but the steps are quite steep and don't seem to feature much in ways of slip protection.
I could see this causing more issues down the line.
It was not blocked yesterday but there was a typical yellow "CAUTION slippery" sign there. The steps do feel awfully small there, I will add.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad