Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I cannot wait to see how this thing turns out! I mean I guess a massive intamin launch coaster and Hagrid make up for the loss of Dueling Dragons kinda.

Reactions: Dombot
In other construction photos, you can see what appears to be a maverick style heartline roll over the lagoon, as well as supports for a zero-g stall on the far end of the layout

I love the elements of Maverick and enjoy any ride with elements resembling Maverick.

Side note: I would love for Kings Dominion to build a Maverick-like clone to replace Volcano area instead of a mini-Gatekeeper winged coaster clone, but at this point any new coaster period would be welcome news (that is of course beyond the 4-D coaster replacing the previous Crypt location). Sorry for the sidetracked conversation.

I’m right there with you @warfelg. Maverick is in my opinion the most overrated coaster I’ve ever ridden. Hopefully the Jurassic Park coaster has more to offer than Maverick does. Based on the layout we’ve seen so far, and with enough theming and scenery to back it up, it looks like that might be the case.

The only real bummer for me is the loss of the secluded seating area overlooking the lagoon behind Hog’s Head, but watching a new coaster from there will be cool too.

Reactions: warfelg
Sentimental value aside, I think this will end up being a better ride than Dragons was.

@futureshock cedar fair doesn’t work with Intamin on new rides anymore

I understand that Cedar Fair is not currently working with Intamin, but they may find them as an acceptable product choice again with the successes of Hagrid's Motorbike and potential success of Pantheon.

Just holding out hope for a blitz-style coaster at KD, that's all.

Nevertheless, happy to see another great coaster at Universal.

Reactions: Dogface
Yeah I personally love B&M Inverts. Those and Hypers are definitely the best B&M models. I never got to ride Dragons even though I was standing at the entrance in 2003 but I thought they were scary. I was 11 lol rode Alpengeist a year later and felt really dumb for being afraid of coasters with inversions. But the new jurassic launch intamin could turn out to be absolutely phenomenal. I mean it has the same track as Skyrush and Intimidator 305 if that's something to note the quality of those two coasters.

Not to get too off-topic, but I305 was specifically designed to be a blend of Maverick and Millennium Force. According to the park, it combines the snappy, low-to-the-ground transitions of Maverick with the scale and lift technology of Millennium Force.

I understand that Cedar Fair is not currently working with Intamin, but they may find them as an acceptable product choice again with the successes of Hagrid's Motorbike and potential success of Pantheon.

Just holding out hope for a blitz-style coaster at KD, that's all.

Nevertheless, happy to see another great coaster at Universal.

You mean the coaster that had massive downtime from the day it opened?

Fair enough, but it was still a B&M invert. Even an upper tier one isn’t better than a top tier Intamin blitz

giphy.gif

You mean the coaster that had massive downtime from the day it opened?

Wow, I had no idea of the miserably poor downtime numbers this ride has; I was only reading the critical acclaim of people who have actually ridden it and posted positive reviews.

Will be curious to see how the fast-moving switchtrack on Pantheon fairs then or if that is the culprit in the woes with Hagrid's Motorbike.

Okay, so does B&M build a blitz-style coaster?

Reactions: Nicole
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad