Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
(Sort of) on topic, I don't see the FoF queue being redone anytime soon because of Lockdown, which has gained some popularity since its first year and especially with the addition of The Yard as a "companion" scare zone, I don't see either Haunt attraction going anywhere anytime soon.

Anyway, what happened to the teasers that made some of us think that we are getting a train attraction in 2019? It seems that speculation has truly DERAILED since then... I'll see myself out.

Could we possibly stay on topic? I can't fathom what Coke Freestyle machines at SFA possibly have to do with KD Project 2019.
Maybe he us speculating that prodject 2019 will really just be the drink stands being convert to coke freestyle machines I mean I actually would be ok with that being the 2019 plan.

Maybe he us speculating that prodject 2019 will really just be the drink stands being convert to coke freestyle machines I mean I actually would be ok with that being the 2019 plan.
Yup. If 2019 is KD's first "Cedar Fair delivers a new park bench" year, then Coke Freestyle machines would be the best-case scenario. I also thought that my experience at SFA was enough to be a funny aside.

It would then put pressure on BGW to put Freestyle machines in.

Yup. If 2019 is KD's first "Cedar Fair delivers a new park bench" year, then Coke Freestyle machines would be the best-case scenario. I also thought that my experience at SFA was enough to be a funny aside.

It would then put pressure on BGW to put Freestyle machines in.

Off topic but the coke market place in England has freestyle machines. I wish they were in every restaurant but they are there at least.

So I guess at this point it's safe to say 2019 is an "off year?" I mean it would make sense we just got Twisted Timbers and Winterfest and that is a huge year. Cedar Point is adding any new rides next year so it makes sense. Maybe we will see some nice improvements for 2019, then something new for 2020.

Hopefully 2019 will include more brick paving
Whatever makes the park less wildly themed. (Looking at you Safari Village) I mean wildly themed because you have 5 different roller coasters in a safari themed area. i305, FoF, BSC, Volcano, and avalanche. Worlds weirdest safari or what?

Reactions: DJTLG
^^-- 6 coasters. 6 coasters in one area IS a theme. Best theme park layout feature EVER. Biggest non-complaint non-issue ever. Plus it makes total sense to go through Area 51 to get to Dale Earnhardt and walking into the Volcano area still looks cool.

The year after a new coaster is a great time to fix up smaller details, in this case they have a really big small detail called Volcano!

^Agreed getting Volcano operating again would be great so it can absorb a huge line keeping everything else pretty light. Granted I am curious to see how TTs line gets with Volcano open in future years.

Whatever makes the park less wildly themed. (Looking at you Safari Village) I mean wildly themed because you have 5 different roller coasters in a safari themed area. i305, FoF, BSC, Volcano, and avalanche. Worlds weirdest safari or what?

You're clearly just not understanding the lore.

From the journal of David Livingstone. 1865

Day 253

As I journeyed deeper and deeper into the dark jungles and treacherous rivers of this dark continent, I have stumbled upon a tribe at the foot of a massive mountain. They have welcomed me with open arms, caring not about the color of my skin or the lack of common language—only my need for massive, adrenaline-fueled thrills.

On the morning of the next day (having feasted on cakes of crab and leaving a ritual food offering to a ravenous hippopotamus), we journeyed to the peak of the mountain whose foot we began the day at. I had little time to enjoy the view I'm afraid, as I was promptly made to sit awkwardly between the legs of a tribesmen in a small sleigh, and down the mountain we flew! And just in time too—for as our descent quickened, I felt a rumbling beneath me, like God himself rising from a long slumber. I could glance back only briefly, as the top of the mountain sheared clean off, spitting magma in all directions! While terrifying, I could only feel some amount of fortune to have seen such a wonder. Presumably it will be some great amount of time before this mountain erupts again!

Having safely ridden back to the village, I set out with a guide who seemed to be insisting that I see something further to the South. I followed him for miles, past many tree and stream. At one point there was an Anaconda, the largest I had ever seen! Shortly after that, I set sights on a Crypt, ancient and weathered—though it seems like it could have been pretty cool at the time of its construction.

Eventually, we reached a clearing, where—reader—I cannot begin to describe what I saw. A massive building, made of metal, standing freely in these woods. On it's front, a symbol of an eagle. What secret society could have constructed such a wonder? Who had beat me to these discoveries?

Things became even less clear as we traveled inside the building. It was dark inside—to the point of bumping into my companion—and strange figures lurked in the darkness, unmoving and ghostly white. These figures stood surrounding some strange saucer—it too made of metal! With strange multi-colored gaslamps which blinked on and off.

Reader, I will not lie to you. At the sight of this, I lost my nerve, and in my Fear I took Flight, trying to find my way from the darkness to the familiar territory of the jungle. But I could not! At some uncertain point, I became separated from my companion, and found myself shuffling slowly along arms reached out hoping to find some point of structure that could lead me out! What I felt instead was even more foriegn.

Fabric? Yes! I had bumped into someone, but they were wearing clothes of such a fine weave, I did not know it was possible! The man replied in kind, reaching his hand out and saying in some broken, strange English dialect,

"Hi, my name's Dale Earnhardt, Although you can call me The Intimidator. You ready to race?"

^That is fantastic

Reminds me of the time I went on a sudden and unexpected street chase in a small city while I was trekking through the Amazon one time. This helicopter tried to shoot me but it was weird it just kinda sat on top of a building and shot at the air above me. Scary stuff.

Crap! I knew I forgot something...

(sorry for the double post)

Appears Screamscape is stirring the pot with their update today.

http://screamscape.com/html/kings_dominion.htm

I wonder if the exact coordinates actually mean anything or if they're just doing them because they're in the park they are referring to. If it is related to the exact coordinates well then that's 3 Planet Snoopy expansions in 6 years...................woo.

Sigh. Sigh in French. Sigh in German. Sigh in Spanish. Sigh in Mandarin. Sigh in a chosen language.

FIX YO OTHER PROBLEMS CF!!!

Reactions: phurst
I came across this teaser on a Cedar Fair fan page from earlier today and I’m not sure what to make of it. On the teaser, one of the envelopes is clearly addressed to a “Rebecca Hanover” at the park. If you look closely, there is a tornado stamp at the top right corner. I also looked up the coordinates on the envelope and Google Maps pinpointed it to the entrance area of Planet Snoopy. Not sure if the area is significant or not. The other coordinates go to California’s Great America.

My mind goes to four things:
1) Could something be replacing Tornado?
2) Could something be coming to Planet Snoopy? I sure hope not because we just got an expansion in 2017.
3) Even though nothing in this teaser addresses it, because of the Dinosaurs Alive removal rumored for the end of the season, could we be getting something new in that area?
4) Does Cedar Fair plan to add a chain ride to the park with a mining theme? (kind of like Windseeker is at a good chuck on Cedar Fair parks)?

Its very possible that this has nothing to do with Kings Dominion at all and it could have to do more with whatever Cedar Point is getting versus what we would be getting for 2019. Because this season has been so big for the park with Twisted Timbers and WinterFest, I wouldn’t be surprised if we got something small next season.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I thought it was rather odd that Screamscape was reporting on months-old news when I woke up this morning. Especially months-old news that led to nowhere....

Reactions: CoasterAuditor
Looks like we are getting some improvements on I-Street around the Eiffel Tower for 2019. Unfortunately, this improvement is taking away the old Paramount plaques of past actors and such who visited the park before Cedar Fair flipped them once they acquired the park in the late 2000s. According to KD Fanatics, the park originally planned to save and preserve the plaques, but that planned was stopped due to the plaques cracking upon removal. It also sounds like the asphalt around the Tower will be replaced with pavers.

Maybe we will get an I-Street overhaul similar to Kings Island's major upgrades in the coming years (early 2020s)?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm really happy that the last of International Street's asphalt is finally being replaced; it's the one thing about that area that always seemed like it should've been taken care of already. I don't think the removal of the "plaques" is a huge loss anyway- I can't tell you how many people I've seen slip on them during the rain, or especially during Winterfest when they were coated in soapy fake snow.

Really excited to see International Street get some much-deserved beautification for 2019!

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad