Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
So I heard an (unsupported) rumor, that if CP's interactive area they are putting in takes hold, that they would look to expand it to every park, and that area were DA was is where they would put the KD version.

I really hope this happens. KD has a great pool of actors (as we’ve seen at Haunt and WinterFest) and they could easily cast great talent to make an area like this succeed. The moment I heard that CP was getting that attraction, my gut told me that KD would get it sometime down the road, maybe even in 2020 or 2021. It would fit super well in Old Virginia, too!

I’ll be keeping a close eye on CP’s Forbidden Frontier on Adventure Island this summer, but from what I’ve heard about the attraction so far, it’s going to be unlike anything the chain has ever done. I’m super excited for any prospects that KD would get it.

So we're seeing the potential workings of Old Virginia being "updated" possibly in the future to be more banjo-y in the next few years.

Whatever, so long as it's not just a rename and they keep playing "Country Roads."

I think you hit the nail on the head. Old Va proper seems to be the focus for potential development within the next 2 years (2020 and/or 2021).

Someone found 2 Hanover Cnty electrical permits for a total over 1/2 million dollars of electrical work in a parcel of land that includes the whole western half of Old Va (between western service road that parallels I95 going east to just behind the KD Theater. Draw an imaginary line north-south from the warehouse / maintenance area; through the log flume, behind the kd theater; through the Grizzly; and through the western 1/3 of Twisted Timbers to the southern service road).

Keep in mind the GIS land parcel does not include the actual warehouse/maintenance buildings. The northern parcel boundary line runs just to the south of those structures (asphalt parking/outdoor storage area to the south).

Course, the land parcel does include most of Intl Street and the front gate (not the Eiffel Tower - the southern land parcel boundary cuts across just in front of the I-street stage).

Finally the land parcel goes east across all of Dominator and the catering/picnic pavilions. No, the land parcel does NOT include volcano or the land area immediately around the mountain structure.

Anyway, something to ponder for future development.

^The Kings Dominion Fanatics Facebook page claims that electrical work is for a new control system for Racer 75.

Nonetheless, I’m excited for these rumored changes coming to Old Virginia. It’s about time that area got some love.

Reactions: b.mac
^The Kings Dominion Fanatics Facebook page claims that electrical work is for a new control system for Racer 75.

Nonetheless, I’m excited for these rumored changes coming to Old Virginia. It’s about time that area got some love.

Well, the land parcel, tied to the permits, does not cover any of the area where the Racer 75 stands. So, unless the new electrical work is connecting to existing electric lines near the R75. I don't think this is for the racer.

Reactions: Mushroom
It would be possible that they are taking load off of the Primary Transformer that Racer pulls from. Perhaps they are isolating it.

It would be possible that they are taking load off of the Primary Transformer that Racer pulls from. Perhaps they are isolating it.

Don't know why they'd be doing that considering they just pulled the plug on about 25% of the park's power demand 2.5 weeks ago.

• Sad

That is a possibility. Seems reasonable that the park is trying to even out the load by removing some things off of the existing grid and adding it to new electric sources.

Heck, with the exception of Dino's Alive, I don't think any major electrical work has been done in Old Va in decades. Maybe the existing electrical grid is being overhauled/expanded in that area of the park. It makes it easier for a major attraction to go over there in the future.

Just wanted to quickly mention that “The Grand Carnival” (will edit name if spelt differently...I heard it on a radio ad) is being talked about in the 2019 Entertainment Lineup thread. It is very likely that this month-long event will be 2019’s “new attraction”.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad