Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
$20m was approximately the base price given for Curse of DarKastle. That's compared to the $2,500,000 price given by Henderson Inc. for Mach Tower, which I assume is one of the more expensive flat rides. I can't Imagine how a flat ride alone would cost that much. Maybe there is more to this permit? How much have S&S Screamin' Swings cost in the past?

Reactions: tursiops
I can't imagine that the ride alone cost $20m since you could buy a great roller coaster for that kind of price tag. This is either a typo, or includes all the site work and themeing.

It's probably a budget, not necessarily all they are intending to spend, just the money they have alotted to this, including all site work like Shane said. I doubt they will spend that all.

Or we could be seeing a potential face lift for more of Ireland as well, not just adding a new building with a ride. They are clearly doing what they did to Oktoberfest a bit back, having rebranded the eatery, brought in BfE, redid the shop.

It seems strange to spend $20 million this year when you’re may be spending $30 mil the following on a huge coaster

A few things could drive up costs.
Things like how deep they'll have to place the footers to sustain the ride weight and platform, whether they're going to rebuild the Killarney Bridge, utilities, theming, etc. Like others mentioned, perhaps a larger facelift of the area shops plus ways to accommodate increased foot traffic.

I wonder if there are going to be any changes to the skyride, considering how close it gets to the site.
I’m also very interested in this as manufacturers have had to modify desgins to rides before due to the sky ride. For example, the cage at the start of Griffon’s brake run is due to B&M being worried about interference with the skyride which runs directly over that section of the ride. With Screamin Swings being very open and propelling riders very close to the Sky Ride I wonder if any extra pre-cautions have been made to prevent the two attractions from impeding in their daily operations.

Reactions: Mushroom
This will most certainly ruin the tranquility of that area. But, looking on the positive side, it will offer some neat views of the river and surrounding area. And the park has desperately needed a new, large-scale flat ride.

Busch doesn’t really ruin areas even when they take down trees tbh. Oktoberfest in fact looks better now than it did with Big Bad Wolf.

That's roughly 1,000 sqft larger than Dollywood's Screamin' Swing. Might include themeing elements or queue line elements.

Guess I should start blabbing about this ride a bit...

The ride platform is much smaller than Dollywood's. According to things I've seen, the park has made every attempt to limit the extent of the platform on the Heatherdowns-side of the attraction.

That's roughly 1,000 sqft larger than Dollywood's Screamin' Swing. Might include themeing elements or queue line elements.

Given the size of the area that they are wedging the ride into, I think it's safe to say that the queue will have to be built on the same deck structure; I imagine it will be similar to how Mach Tower's queue deck is built on the hillside behind the ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad