Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 22, 2012
Virginia
Zachary, that is very true! It’s a pretty cool sound, but definitely not for the hamlet. I’m excited, can’t wait to see more!

Sep 29, 2009
Wonder if this means a new bridge?

It better not be another rainbow. Lol

Edit: I was thinking of it as an alteration to the existing bridge. Would they be able to connect that area to another with the pipeline?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ice
Sep 22, 2010
Most rides use compressed air. Think about the breaks on roller coasters, the locking mechanism on most rides is powered by compressed air. Fun fact, Anaconda at KD needs compressed air to stop the ride in the station. If the power were to go out while the ride is transitioning from the end of ride breaks to the station the train won't stop until the lift hill. At the end if the night, the train parked in the station is "hooked" in place because the brakes close with compressed air, not forced open like on most roller coasters. Silly design flaws!

But! The fact they are building a new air compressor near the site is telling. When KD installed H XLC in 2000 offseason, they built a new compressor facility behind it. You can see that building (blue roof) from Grizzly and Windseeker.

Pretzel Kaiser

Advisory Panel
Apr 5, 2011
Speaking of Hypersonic, I have a source (who I can't identify) who has shown me proof (which I can't disclose) that Hypersonic XLC was never scrapped and has been sitting at a KD warehouse. They decided to offer it to BGW when they needed the space for Winterfest. I know this might seem hard to believe, but in the new filings, you can find the letters "X" "L" and "C".

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
That's just dumb. Why would a deer programmed for BGW know about KD?

It's like people on these forums post things without thinking about them. I'll be taking my insider info to another site if this is what I can expect.
Is your source a contractor that is a brother or a friends brother or something that has show you blueprints that have some key part covered up by the case for s gaming device?

Oct 7, 2011
Walking across the bridge and into Killarney a couple of weekends ago... it really seems like a ton of greenery on the left hand side of that entryway will have to get the axe in order to make room for the ride.

I have always loved the look of the dense tree coverage on either side, and I am concerned that the appearance of that area will take a big step backward due to the lost trees.

Hopefully I’m wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Login or Register to Hide This Ad