Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
...and for the ride pad, I should say "deck" versus "pad," as the profile diagram clearly shows a deck of some sort above the existing grade. So kind of like San Marco's Little Gliders & Balloons relative to the terrain. I do see the dark purple being "leveled" so some degree though, but again coincidence on the color relationships...but probably marginally better to end up doing that outside of the RPA and have the area inside the RPA as less impacted by an elevated deck, as it leaves the existing grade (Grove Creek stream bank) less impacted.

(edit: yes, like that ^^, but the smaller S&S swing)

I didn't get that... The (dark) purple coincides with areas outside of the 50' Resource Protection Area (RPA) boundary, which they call "landward." Orange is inside of the RPA, which they call "seaward." The 50' RPA boundary line between them is delineated with a heavy red line, with "landward" and "seaward" referring to their relation to the RPA boundary ("sea" is inside, as greater potential impact to the bay).

As for uses, I originally took the right orange box to be the pad for the assumed Screamin' Swing, and the left to be for the compressor building S&S shows in their specs. The queue could connect from the Killarney walkway and snake through the (dark) purple area. The thin mostly orange line would be a wall of some sort, as it appears to be < 2.5' wide when I overlay and rotate the scale over it--so too narrow for a walkway, building code/ADA-compliant or not. Whether RPA or its buffer, the impacted areas need to be denoted as to their permanent or temporary impacts for the permitting process.

In my past experience the 50 foot RPA boundary with the seaward is means that's what parts inside that buffer that will be effected, landward means it's not within that. The color is nothing more than showing what parts of the total pad are inside and outside the RPA. I think we can't take out anything on levels, or where what would be other than basing on other instillations of this ride (I note on that lower). The guess and asking what that line could be is nothing more than that. A guess.

But I'm only saying the above on uses because of the shapes of the impacted areas and the ride/supporting infrastructure layout; that my theory coincides with the colors is a coincidence. And really the only one I'm fairly sure of is the ride's pad, assuming the S&S swing. There are many possible layouts for the queue and it's easy enough to drop a compressor building somewhere. (edit: in fact, the more I think about it, the more I see a "dog leg" queue taking shape in the leftmost orange box and part of the dark purple, with additional separation between the queue and the arc of the swinging swing--so compressors go someplace else, probably closer to the actual ride).

Based on other installations, the ride part typically ends up in the center of the pad, with the compressor building on one side, queue on the other. Dollywood had the queue inside the one 'barn' building. If BGW replicates this, they can make the mechanical building look like a castle, have the queue look like a castle wall, some sort of structure, or really just open. But based on the Dollywood version of the ride, when put to scale and superimposed on the BGW plans, the site size fits almost perfectly with slight customization.

At this point I'm leaning towards the four orange permanent impacts to the RPA (far left on one diagram) to be something unrelated, or to infrastructure that isn't necessarily tied just to this attraction, as it's outside of the limits of work for Project Ireland. I would keep an eye out for electrical permits at JCC to see if any are proposed for the "Ireland section of the park."

I think that has to do with the A/C for the animal care, and they just lumped them together in one project. Wasn't there something to be done with that at one time?

EDIT:
FWIW I do everything from my phone so seeing the details is a little tough. I'm going to stick by though that I think the entire structure/base area will end up flat.

Last edited:
When walking the park today I made sure to look for the pink ribbons. I still can't quite wrap my head around the impact this is going to make to this area (noise and loss of trees being big ones). Also can't figure out theming that would make sense. This seems like it would go better in Oktoberfest in unused Drachen Fire plot of land. Or even the potential new hamlet. If anyone has any ideas on theming I would love to hear it.

When walking the park today I made sure to look for the pink ribbons. I still can't quite wrap my head around the impact this is going to make to this area (noise and loss of trees being big ones). Also can't figure out theming that would make sense. This seems like it would go better in Oktoberfest in unused Drachen Fire plot of land. Or even the potential new hamlet. If anyone has any ideas on theming I would love to hear it.

"Blarney Stone Kisser"

Themed to a castle and it's grounds.

I just came back from Cedar Point, and their Screamin Swing Skyhawk was so much fun. I really hope this is what Busch is getting. I think its more fun then Delerium. The ride is pretty loud though with the huge Air tanks letting out air.

Reactions: Alf33
A Site Plan has been submitted with James City County. It has a little more information in the documents, but not much. SP-18-0082

A Site Plan has been submitted with James City County. It has a little more information in the documents, but not much. SP-18-0082

Are you able to show the plan? I can't find it online, their website is so unhelpful.

This sounds like the big news here to me:

CompressedAirLines.jpg

That confirms that the odd structures between Griffon and Killarney we saw on the previously-filed site plan are, in fact, large air compressors. Frankly, other than an S&S Screamin' Swing, there aren't many compressed-air-powered flat rides out there on the market.

I'd say a Screamin' Swing is almost certain at this point.

Last edited:
So they are cherry picking electricity from Griffon? also on a super unrelated note, in dragon land, isn't the dragon ride where you control the height of your dragon, a compressed air flat?

Reactions: BenWilkerson
So they are cherry picking electricity from Griffon? also on a super unrelated note, in dragon land, isn't the dragon ride where you control the height of your dragon, a compressed air flat?

Confirmed relocation and re skin of the Land of the Dragons dragon flat to Killarney under the theme of the dragon from BfE

Reactions: belsaas
Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad