Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Turbo said:
Any news on an opening date yet?  Any rumors?

It was posted a few pages back that media day would be held next Thursday on March 22, which means the ride will be ready for opening weekend.

Reactions: Zachary
Twisted Timbers is on the map!

kUTuSr4.jpg

Question: Does RMC have a minimum temperature to operate their coasters? The forecast for KD on Media Day is a high of 42. That means temperatures in the morning during the media event will be hovering in the low to mid 30s! Will TT operate in temps under 40?

Reactions: Nicole
VACoasterdude said:
Question: Does RMC have a minimum temperature to operate their coasters? The forecast for KD on Media Day is a high of 42. That means temperatures in the morning during the media event will be hovering in the low to mid 30s! Will TT operate in temps under 40?

I says 46 and I think it should be fine if it’s sunny enough.

I see a low of 28 degrees. Since the media event starts at 5:45 am and will be over by 10am, I doubt it will get anywhere near the forecast high.

Of course, the weather could change before then, as well.

Nicole said:
I see a low of 28 degrees. Since the media event starts at 5:45 am and will be over by 10am, I doubt it will get anywhere near the forecast high.

Of course, the weather could change before then, as well.

Why would they not make it later in the day then?

I have no insight into KD's decision making. I hypothesize l, however, it is because they want to be featured on the local morning news. Additionally, the event was planned before the weather forecast was known.

Would it affect Twisted Timbers being open on Saturday? The weather is going to be 55 degrees or so that day.

If there is a high of 55 degrees, it should be running, unless there are other issues, since the park will be open all day.

Yes.  Media Day is Thursday.  Pass Holder Day is Friday.  Opening Day is Saturday.

So, media and ACE members are supposed to be able to ride it Thursday.

Reactions: Zachary
So excited to ride TT! Looking forward to reading your reviews in the meantime till I finally do. Those 3 consecutive airtime hills look like soo much fun!

Reactions: Mushroom
In case there was any doubt, the park confirmed that Twisted Timbers' height requirement is 48".

Also, my friend got to ride the coaster over the weekend, and described it as "an airtime machine" and "smooth as fuck." Can't wait to ride!

Just a small programming note for everyone: Media day has been postponed to Friday morning due to the forecast. Look for coverage on KDFans.com's various social media channels then!

Reactions: Mushroom and Nicole
We got some interesting impressions reported to us:

- There are 20 airtime moments: The barrel roll drop, first turn, cutback, and the two 90 degree turns at the end give a very weird floating sensation; Every other hill gives very good ejector airtime; The biggest most surprising moment is the airtime hill following the trick track, comparable to the Rolling Thunder hill on El Toro.

- No hats of any type are allowed on the ride. You may keep your phone and other items that fit inside in your pockets.

- If you are over 48 inches tall and your feet do not lay flat on the floor while seated, you may not ride.

- The photo takes place immediately after the trick track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad