Project 2018: Twisted Timbers

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 21, 2016
Nicole said:
We got some interesting impressions reported to us:

- There are 20 airtime moments: The barrel roll drop, first turn, cutback, and the two 90 degree turns at the end give a very weird floating sensation; Every other hill gives very good ejector airtime; The biggest most surprising moment is the airtime hill following the trick track, comparable to the Rolling Thunder hill on El Toro.

- No hats of any type are allowed on the ride. You may keep your phone and other items that fit inside in your pockets.

- If you are over 48 inches tall and your feet do not lay flat on the floor while seated, you may not ride.

- The photo takes place immediately after the trick track.
Wow so this really is RMC El Toro. Insane hills with floater turns.

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
Nicole said:
We got some interesting impressions reported to us:

- There are 20 airtime moments: The barrel roll drop, first turn, cutback, and the two 90 degree turns at the end give a very weird floating sensation; Every other hill gives very good ejector airtime; The biggest most surprising moment is the airtime hill following the trick track, comparable to the Rolling Thunder hill on El Toro.

- No hats of any type are allowed on the ride. You may keep your phone and other items that fit inside in your pockets.

- If you are over 48 inches tall and your feet do not lay flat on the floor while seated, you may not ride.

- The photo takes place immediately after the trick track.
Update:

If you are 48 inches tall you may ride, regardless if your feet touch the ground or not. Apparently, this is a change in policy.

Jul 5, 2017
Anybody else obsessively stressing about fitting on TT like me? I'm big and tall (6'3 315 lbs, 42-44" waistline been working out for a year) and can fit on i305 fine but I've heard RMCs are pretty hard for even slightly above averaged sized people to ride.

Zachary

𝓡oyal 𝓜ango 𝓒réme Frappuccino Survivor
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Newport News, VA
twitter.com
I have heard whispers that these new second generation trains may be slightly more forgiving. Fingers crossed, because both Lightning Rod and Joker @ SFDK were on the tighter side of things for me.

I will report back ASAP tomorrow morning with my experience.

Jul 5, 2017
That would be awesome! I plan on going down straight after work to find out tomorrow evening. If I can't then at least my current favorite steel coaster will be waiting for me.

Reactions: MAZ and Zachary
Apr 29, 2011
Zachary said:
I have heard whispers that these new second generation trains may be slightly more forgiving.
I was told they are slightly tighter fit, but only in the floor area where your feet go.

Reactions: Zachary

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
I have heard that it needs to be 34 degrees for TT to run.

And in an unrelated note, I was told it will have handles.

Reactions: Joe
Status
Not open for further replies.
Login or Register to Hide This Ad