Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Project 2015: 156ft Tall Festa Italia Attraction

I doubt this will be it mainly because CC doesn't really have a good history when it comes to leaks and that this is the same park responsible for Alpengeist and Apollo.

I do agree that if this is the next big attraction then the park must be royalty screwed.

Obviously, with my lack of knowledge on the existing dueling shuttle coasters out there, this was a bad example. That wasn't my point though. My point was to inspire some unique ideas from users. Thanks for correcting me though ;)

BBW said:
Serious question, though you can hammer my ignorance all you like! lol  --  but what would be so bad about a S:UF clone?...

I wouldn't like a clone at BGW for this reason alone. Busch Gardens has always gone out of the way to build something custom that no other park can have. It's unique to them and more importantly, it's unique to Busch Gardens as a whole. When you build something bigger than a flat ride, like a roller coaster, you spend millions of dollars. You don't want to provide an experience that someone can go else where for. You want to pull them in for many more years to come.

If this was built, it's just a band-aid. Sure people will love it. Heck, I love the look of the ride even though it has the worst capacity you could find for any roller coaster. If this was built, it just shows the desperation that the park is in the get the gate numbers up temporally because this ride is cheap and can be reproduced cheaply since the design is already done. But I think I can clearly say that this ride wouldn't continue to bring people into the park for years to come and it will just a ride that is simply overlooked in some cases.

I'm not so much against the ride itself as I am the location. It will be smack beside AC. All of their coasters have always been spaced a good distance from each other. This would just ruin the great view you see when you come into the park.

It just seems like a cheap way to say "hey we have a new roller coaster it's just as intense as griffon!"

Having a flat that another park has is different than a coaster... people don't go to parks for their flat rides. If they are adding a major coaster experience, it should not be a clone of a ride at a six flags park. If I wanted to ride that, I would just go to Six Flags for less money.

Just so everyone knows, we're talking about the Premier Rides-built Superman: Ultimate Flight at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom- the one that runs one train that holds 12 riders per cycle- not the fantastic B&M Flying Coaster Superman: Ultimate Flight clones.

Capacity alone would make this rumored project one of the worst additions in the history of the park.

MrLaptop said:
The way I see it, KD has like what, 11 coasters and BGW has 6. If they get 7, the 7th being an odd, thrilling shuttle, I think this might take BGW a step ahead for the thrill seeker audience. Plus, Festa's apparently hideous anyways.
Technically BG has 5 real roller coasters, but I disagree. BG doesn't have a roller coaster in the park to compete with Intimidator 305. Apollos Chariot and Alpengeist are great roller coasters, and I love them, but I still wouldn't say they are as extreme or thrilling as FoF or Volcano (Idc if anyone disagrees or not, my opinion). Oh, and I forgot about Dominator, which is almost like AC and Alpengeist combined. Not to mention BG doesn't have a flat ride to compete with KD. BG has a ways to go before they move ahead of KD for the thrill seeker.

I agree, and that's true. I'd much rather them hold off and do that. If this is what BG gets, it will not make their attendance go up nor make their profit rise in the long run. It would just be a waste of money, and something to say, "Hey, we have a new ride!"

Zachary said:
Just so everyone knows, we're talking about the Premier Rides-built Superman: Ultimate Flight at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom- the one that runs one train that holds 12 riders per cycle- not the fantastic B&M Flying Coaster Superman: Ultimate Flight clones.

Capacity alone would make this rumored project one of the worst additions in the history of the park.

Oh, wow, okay, thanks for the clarification. Clearly I was thinking of the B&M flyers and, while I don't think cloning a major ride is the best idea, I still thought a B&M flyer sounded like a decent addition to the park.

This thing (S:UF at Discovery Kingdom) looks a lot like a temporary amusement park coaster, actually. I would still be happy to see it, kind of, because remember how Wilde Maus was like a GOOD version of that type of ride? This could be the same -- if executed well. But it could easily be very slapdash and I really agree with those pointing out it could affect the experience of some of the other rides and bring down the themeing if it is plunked down like a parking lot ride.

But I'm willing to wait and see before I get too fussed.

Thanks again for the clarification.

For comparison purposes, I looked up the price of this ride. Premier is selling these for $6,000,000.00 bucks. Also, I realized that this coaster is in fact a very small full circuit ride. Not a shuttle coaster as I was thinking earlier. I love correcting myself :)

Reactions: Illy and Mushroom

A ride like this might get more people to buy quick queue passes because of the low ride capacity. I understand the ride is expensive. But I also can't help but think that execs might be looking at the revenue generated by the additional quick queue passes sold in addition to the larger crowds brought in because a new attraction is available.

I think that with proper themeing and maybe a little bit of a different track layout, it could be a great ride. But, if they just set it down, no themeing, it will be worse, most certainly.

The president of Discovery Kingdom said that Superman has similar capacity to the coaster it replaced, which was Clicky. The short layout and easy to check lapbar harnesses means that with good operations, the lines will be on par with (if not slightly less than) most of the park's other coasters.

- This rumor pretty much broke months ago. I don't understand why everyone's flipping out now.

- I'm gonna stay neutral in all this. It seems like another wait and see situation.

netdvn said:
- This rumor pretty much broke months ago. I don't understand why everyone's flipping out now.

Because idiots on another forum posted that it was definitely happening even though no other North American project for 2015 has a name besides Canada's Wonderland's new dark ride/roller coaster hybrid.

Reactions: Mushroom and Illy

It's funny when I mentioned this as a possibility a couple weeks ago, I didn't read as many posts of negativity. It seems like as soon as people saw any likeness of this (speculated ride) to something at a Six Flags park, it was all over, hell has come. This Premier Rides concept also exists overseas at Holiday Park, and no one cried then.

Remember:
1.) This is a rumor.
2.) There has been zero word from the park
3.) It fits some of the approximations given in the early    
   height/visibility photos I posted in my original post      
   on this concept.
4.) The information in that rumor is...all based on rumor.
5.) Just because Busch may do something another park did
   does not mean it's not special or can't have  
   potential. If it is a Premier LIM, you all know as
   well I as I do we would be in line for it opening day,
   and in the visits thereafter when AC is down ^_^

Lastly, this ride is probably still going to be a Zamperla Swing, Zachary has been nice and quiet for a reason. ;-P

My only statement is this. If this was going to be a true "leak" I would have thought some thing more concrete would have been posted. Site specific renderings for one thing instead of the ones any body can pull up on rcdb.com. That alone makes me question the accuracy of the link I posted. Just trying to let people know what other people/sites are cooking up as supposed possibilities as to what is coming.

Mazakman said:
For comparison purposes, I looked up the price of this ride. Premier is selling these for $6,000,000.00 bucks.

Don't forget sales tax.

Reactions: MAZ and MrLaptop
Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad