Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I mean, I didn’t want to elaborate on it, but Six Flags did just spent a significant amount of money on not only the trains but a completely new control system, electronics, PLC, etc. The bones are too good to scrap right now if they have the option of moving it first.
End Valleyfair's coaster drought, you cowards.

What I will say about Ragin Cajun is that there’s three parks in the chain with empty buildings that previously housed a coaster of similar size. I’m not saying anything has been decided, but Six Flags has options…
Darien Lake, Frontier City, Great Escape?
 
Darien Lake, Frontier City, Great Escape?
Correct. I doubt Darien Lake would do it but it’s be a cool themed budget coaster at the other two parks. Frontier City would benefit more from it, no idea if it’d actually happen but it seems to be on the ark out of the park. Not the most brazen or original of takes but it is what it is.
 
I think the only shot Wild One has is if someone from outside the company buys it. Moving a wooden coaster is incredibly expensive, and this chain cares more about cost cutting than anything else right now.
I will say it’s not as prohibitively expensive to move wooden coasters as people think, looking at costs of past wooden coasters getting moved and adjusting for both inflation and the increase in price for concrete it would likely be about 6-8 million to move wild one which isn’t cheap but also for a whole brand new coaster for a park wouldn’t be unreasonable.

For example if I remember correctly it cost nearly 10 million to move Dominator to KD mainly because the giant concrete footers needed. This brings me to my other point, Superman has absolutely zero chance getting moved I feel the footers alone would raise the cost to like 15 million and no 25 year old hyper is worth that. Legitimately wild one has a better chance than superman.
 
I will say it’s not as prohibitively expensive to move wooden coasters as people think, looking at costs of past wooden coasters getting moved and adjusting for both inflation and the increase in price for concrete it would likely be about 6-8 million to move wild one which isn’t cheap but also for a whole brand new coaster for a park wouldn’t be unreasonable.
I was thinking about when Geauga Lake closed and Big Dipper was talked about in the same way. Both that and Wild One are historic, but these rides would need a lot of work as neither park was known for keeping these rides in pristine condition - almost better to build from the ground up and reuse hardware, ala something like the newer Zippin Pippin?
 
almost better to build from the ground up and reuse hardware, ala something like the newer Zippin Pippin?

This is what I want for Wild One. A Zippin Pippin-style rebuild of the design. Wild One has already been redesigned before—artistic liberties are fine on the details—just make a modern version of the same layout, call it Giant Coaster or Wild One, and install it somewhere in the northeast. The ability for a park to claim being home to one of the oldest operating coasters in the world should be worthwhile. There is a lot of marketability that comes with something like that.

I still really like the SFGAdv idea for Wild One. The park sorely lacks a classic, family-accessible wooden coaster—a "rebuilt" GCI or GravityGroup Wild One with Millennium Flyers would be a killer, not bank-breaking ride for a park like that.
 
This is what I want for Wild One. A Zippin Pippin-style rebuild of the design. Wild One has already been redesigned before—artistic liberties are fine on the details—just make a modern version of the same layout, call it Giant Coaster or Wild One, and install it somewhere in the northeast. The ability for a park to claim being home to one of the oldest operating coasters in the world should be worthwhile. There is a lot of marketability that comes with something like that.

I still really like the SFGAdv idea for Wild One. The park sorely lacks a classic, family-accessible wooden coaster—a "rebuilt" GCI or GravityGroup Wild One with Millennium Flyers would be a killer, not bank-breaking ride for a park like that.
that's what I hoping for, a Zippin pippin style rebuild of wild one for a park like great adventure
 
I’ve barely been privy to further updates on the parting out, that movement is very much alive though.

Dorney Park recently surveyed about a Starflyer, probably mulling the idea of rescuing Wonder Woman. There’s only so many other places in the chain that could go, there was some discussion here; News - Dorney Park Survey Polls Potential New Attraction Concepts

Frontier City was working on a directive recently to clear out the old Nightmare Mine building, almost as if corporate might throw them a bone with Ragin Cajun. Still firmly in the wishful thinking category.

Maintenance is still on payroll at Six Flags America until December 19 to clean up shop, export inventory, pack up some trains of whatever might be salvaged, etc.

As much as I’d like to see their new Master Blaster form part of Valleyfair’s waterpark redo, I think we’d be hard pressed to see any of SFA’s rides become 2026 additions anywhere. Whatever makes it out would need some TLC and the important steps have begun now that it's closed. Mainly they need to figure out exactly WHAT is happening to it. Once someone buys that land and affirms that they won't need the assets, they'll begin coordinating demolition. They will also be locking in what is salvageable before any of that happens (i.e. Superman won't go through the effort of careful dismantlement only for it to remain in storage on some rented lot and never be built elsewhere).
 
Last edited:
(i.e. Superman won't go through the effort of careful dismantlement only for it to remain in storage on some rented lot and never be built elsewhere).
Not that any of the people who used to make these decisions are still around, but Legacy SF actually had quite the habit of doing this, especially when they closed Astroworld:

 
But still a discovery and since their water ride apparently fell through, maybe they are considering throwing the park a bone.
 
Not that any of the people who used to make these decisions are still around, but Legacy SF actually had quite the habit of doing this, especially when they closed Astroworld:

Superman is BIG though. A coaster with 5000+ feet of track and enough structure to out-truss the Eiffel Tower isn't going to be carefully dismantled and then trucked to Michigan or the ports in the offchance that it could be rebuilt. I think the executives at the new company will make a definitive call on this one, there would have to be some degree of certainty.

since their water ride apparently fell through, maybe they are considering throwing the park a bone.
Dear me should we pay more attention now? News - Carowinds Project 2026 (?)/Otter: "Record-Breaking Water Ride"
 
Last edited:
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad