Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Photos have begun circulating online reportedly showing Arieforce's dismantling beginning. Everything looks legit to me but in the age of AI who knows for sure

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Direct Link to Embedded Media Source
 
Not to burst anyone’s bubble, but legally Fayetteville City required that Funspot, in the event of closure, would be responsible for taking down any structure over 35 feet.

This deconstruction process is almost 100% not being done because Six Flags doing it, but because it was something that was always legally required.

If anything, it’s also one of the reason why AF1 was probably also purchased. Potential buyers were very aware that AF1 was going to be taken down because legally it had to be.
 
can we get a birds eye view of all of this? I want to see how you managed to make this all work
Here's the overview. Very unofficial but the obvious modifications required to pull this off would be:
  • Redo the outerbank entirely, making the overall angle (viewed from top-down) more gradual and not a full 90* angle
  • Adds a speed hill between the outward bank & double-up for spacing reasons
    • Allows the turnaround to thread underneath Bakunawa
    • Feasibility of this is entirely unknown, I would personally not count on accuracy here.
  • Widen the jump into the final brakes
  • Extend the final brake run, allowing for a block brake before the transfer track (for operational reasons)
  • This version also widens the valley for the first drop and following speed hill (before the stall) so that it's closer to ground-level
    • I don't think this would be required, I just wondered what it looked like, then finalized the design, and don't want to revert it lol.
Possible? I think so.

1789779305015.png
screenshot-2026-09-18-21-10-25.png
screenshot-2026-09-18-21-10-55.png
 
Last edited:
Here's the overview. Very unofficial but the obvious modifications required to pull this off would be:
  • Redo the outerbank entirely, making the overall angle (viewed from top-down) more gradual and not a full 90* angle
  • Adds a speed hill between the outward bank & double-up for spacing reasons
    • Allows the turnaround to thread underneath Bakunawa
    • Feasibility of this is entirely unknown, I would personally not count on accuracy here.
  • Widen the jump into the final brakes
  • Extend the final brake run, allowing for a block brake before the transfer track (for operational reasons)
  • This version also widens the valley for the first drop and following speed hill (before the stall) so that it's closer to ground-level
    • I don't think this would be required, I just wondered what it looked like, then finalized the design, and don't want to revert it lol.
Possible? I think so.

View attachment 44932
View attachment 44933
View attachment 44934

Question - do you think AF1 is going to Great Adventure, or is this just something you’re showing could happen with AF1?
 
  • Like
Reactions: AmyUD06
Just seeing how it could work in this spot. I do think Great Adventure is probably in the top-3-most-likely parks in the chain to receive it (Carowinds and Kings Island being the other two), but even that's just a guess. Apparently the location will be announced by end of year?
 
Just seeing how it could work in this spot. I do think Great Adventure is probably in the top-3-most-likely parks in the chain to receive it (Carowinds and Kings Island being the other two), but even that's just a guess. Apparently the location will be announced by end of year?
from my understanding it needs to be off alanta site before jan. so once when it does start coming down it will probably be heading straight to the location they plan to install it at
 
from my understanding it needs to be off alanta site before jan. so once when it does start coming down it will probably be heading straight to the location they plan to install it at
I have sence seen more pics and even video it appears legit that it's removal has started. Carowinds, Kings Island, and Great Adventure seem like the three most likely parks. Part of my thinks it's likely between Carowinds and Great Adventure as moving it to Kings Island with Steel Vengeance at Cedar Point seems like an interesting idea.
 
I have sence seen more pics and even video it appears legit that it's removal has started. Carowinds, Kings Island, and Great Adventure seem like the three most likely parks. Part of my thinks it's likely between Carowinds and Great Adventure as moving it to Kings Island with Steel Vengeance at Cedar Point seems like an interesting idea.
for me king island is probably my least favorite choice due to the terrain by orion and i feel like the park can do so much better with a custom rmc. carowinds would be my favorite since it will be still the southern heat so the ride can run as quickly as it did in alanta.
 
No way a park wouldn't have submitted permits by now. I mean, they're not gonna start shipping it somewhere if it's not approved by the county; that would just risk a giant waste of money, even if they're super confident. And let's be real, Six Flags probably knew where this thing was going since day 1...
 
No way a park wouldn't have submitted permits by now. I mean, they're not gonna start shipping it somewhere if it's not approved by the county; that would just risk a giant waste of money, even if they're super confident. And let's be real, Six Flags probably knew where this thing was going since day 1...
A lot of that comes down to local zoning laws BGW for instance has a realy long approval battle because of the height restriction and noise restriction with Kings Mill being so close great Adventure likely has far fewer hoops to jump through given it's more remote location. In short Six Flags likely knows where it could be approved without much of a battle. Also I wouldn't rule out the possibility that if the January deadline is correct that they do something like store it at Over Georgia till they mske a final call. Or while a more remote chance that if a reprofile or rework is planned that part or all of the track atleast goes back to RMC for the time being.
 
No way a park wouldn't have submitted permits by now. I mean, they're not gonna start shipping it somewhere if it's not approved by the county; that would just risk a giant waste of money, even if they're super confident. And let's be real, Six Flags probably knew where this thing was going since day 1...
i mean with the history six flags has shipped rides to parks that fall through.siren curse at mexico and a bunch of other examples from old era six flags. i do think the crane is just to remove the trains and probably send them to sfog for maintence and inspections
 
  • Like
Reactions: horsesboy
Honestly what I was thinking. If the main priority right now is getting AFO out of fun spot then I wouldn't be surprised if it gets packed up and stored somewhere until SF finishes finalizing plans, permits and/or surveys (unless there is a critical logistical error I am failing to think abt rn lmao). I mean maybe they dismantle it and get it prepped for send off after six flags spends the time needed to decide a park and everything goes hunky dory straight to it's destination by year's end with no delays or whatever, but that's never a safe bet with six flags.
 
Keep in mind they've already said it's an addition for the 2028-2029 season, it's almost certainly not going directly to it's final destination. Not saying anything would need to go all the way back to RMC (except for maybe regular train breakdown maintenance) but I wouldn't at all be surprised to see it temporarily stored in an SFOG parking lot.
 
I’m just going to continue helping out. 🙂

AF1 will be fully disassembled shortly.

Once those pieces start leaving Atlanta, pay attention to the highways.

Large coaster track/support sections that exceed normal trucking dimensions can’t just be thrown on a trailer and driven wherever they want. Oversize loads require permits, and those permits can include things like the load description, origin, destination, route and travel dates.

So if you’re trying to figure out where AF1 is, the trucks leaving Atlanta may be one of the biggest clues.

Especially once they start heading north. 😀

A few names worth remembering:
  1. GAPROS - Georgia
  2. SCDOT OS/OW - South Carolina
  3. PIMS - North Carolina
The records and systems exist, but that doesn’t mean they’re just conveniently sitting in a public Google search waiting for you. If you’re open to the challenge, you can find it, just got to dig. But I still think @Zachary is gonna be the first, cause he’s always been the best.

Happy hunting!
 
Large coaster track/support sections that exceed normal trucking dimensions can’t just be thrown on a trailer and driven wherever they want.

It's an RMC though. I suspect the entire thing was explicitly designed for all of the track rails and supports to break down into small enough sections as to fit in normal shipping dimensions, no?

And even if we know where the coaster is going after it leaves FSAA, as @CoasterMac laid out, there's no reason to conclude that the initial destination is the final one.

But I still think @Zachary is gonna be the first, cause he’s always been the best.

I appreciate the kind words, but it's almost not gonna be me. Reasons:
  1. I've not been hunting very hard at all anywhere lately. Demotivating time with all of the doom and gloom circling the industry and so many projects being announced insanely early.
  2. If the coaster goes directly to a park that's unlikely to be just for storage (KI, for instance, but really anywhere other than Over GA or Caro in my estimation), that will likely give it away quickly.
  3. I think this one is most likely to be announced before we have any useful paper trail evidence at all. With an announcement before the end of the year and an opening in 2028 or 2029, very little in the way of public records are likely to be generated prior to such an aggressive announcement date.
 
Would make sense to quickly take it apart and use Carowinds/SFOG as “storage” sights for a year while they plan out everything.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nicole
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad