Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
The main trams are brown and are used for guests; however, the park has two trams that are blue. They are typically used to transport team members from three different parts of the park.

Reactions: Zachary
Just a quick observation, but the brown trams still use the old block logo and the repainted blue trams have the more recent script logo. None of them have the coaster tree logo, but I'd expect it to appear on a repainted tram sometime in the future.

The logo sits on the lead car just above the drivers seat.

Forgot to mention, on extremely busy days like say Howl-o-Scream Saturdays, the park uses all trams for guests and then rents out two small buses or vans to transport team members to the three different areas of the park.

I didn't even know there was a logo on the trams. Nice catch netdvn!

Reactions: Coasternerd
Sometimes they'll use one of the blue trams to transport people on busy days, from the Scotland/Bavaria lot.

Speaking of which when do we think they'll have to replace the trams with something new? It's obvious that the trams are aging, but does anyone know if they can get exact models of the trams we have right now? Or will they have to get different types?

Sadly, the blue trams are currently in a very sad state of despair. They are constantly undergoing maintenance almost constantly. However, the brown ones all seem to be really efficient. Also something to mention back in 2011, the park started installing LED lighting on the brown trams. So I doubt the brown trams will be going anytime soon as they are being upgraded, slowly. But if the park is looking for trams, I think these would be appropriate. http://www.specialtyvehicles.com/vehicle-gallery/new-products/double-decker-buses/

Party Rocker said:
But if the park is looking for trams, I think these would be appropriate. http://www.specialtyvehicles.com/vehicle-gallery/new-products/double-decker-buses/

I doubt once they decide to replace the trams, that they'll choose those. Those would be a headache when loading and unloading. They would probably go with something very similar to what they have now, because they are efficient, and easy to load & unload.

Reactions: Coasternerd
A monorail seems like a nice replacement; however, it seems like too much for just a quick trip to the ticket booths. I only think a monorail maybe fine for a method of transportation for the overflow lots, otherwise, I don't see the need for something that can be potentially large and clunky.

My original "Worlds of Discovery, Williamsburg" would have contained a monorail to connect the entire complex. That post pictures buses that shuttle between WCUSA and BGW, but Zachary and I were working on a full fledged concept for SWW well over a year ago (maybe two now) that would have transformed the entire area. Anyway, it could have successfully used a monorail. Its not practical the way things are now.

Don't know if it has been mentioned before, but ( as I understand) they are gradually overhauling the trams and upgrading them from diesel to propane. With that said they are probably here for a while. Interestingly, those trams can go all day with out a fuel fill up!

Ah, those were the days...

Attachments

• bgw double decker.jpg
    bgw double decker.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 44
Alpenghöst said:
NO, BGW IS THEMED TO OLDE COUNTRY AND BUSSES ARENT OLD COUNTRY

They're better than what we have now, and I don't think that horse drawn carriages would have the best capacity. :p

Reactions: Party Rocker
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad